sixteen ☼

"Have you two came out with a decision?" Dr. Kim asked the siblings. Kihyun looked at Kwaemi, and smiled brightly.

"We have." Kihyun replied back, and Dr. Kim waited for his answer. "We will do the surgery. I'm... willing to risk the chance of her not being able to see. I want Kwaemi to see the world again."

Dr. Kim smiled proudly, "You two are the strongest I know. Her surgery will be scheduled March 1st. I promise, I will give Kwaemi back her eyesight."

"Thank you Dr. Kim." The Yoo siblings said, and Dr. Kim told Kihyun the information that Kwaemi wasn't supposed to do the night or morning before the surgery, then he hung up.

"Are you ready, two weeks Kwaemi." Kihyun nervously said. Kwaemi nodded, "Let's pray it'll be a success?"

Kwaemi nodded, and Kihyun hugged her, smoothening out her hair.

Wonho's birthday was on the first of March. Either it would be the best day of Kwaemi's life, or the worst day of her life.

"Oppa, don't worry." Kwaemi said, "I'm slowly forgetting the meaning of life... But so many people have made me eyesight back, so I know the surgery will be a success."

"It's okay Mi... No matter what, you're still my baby sister so whether you have your sight or not, none of that matters to me. I promise to protect you, and I won't ever let anything in the past repeat again."

Kwaemi nodded, and Kihyun looked down to see tears wetting his shirt. He placed his chin on top of Kwaemi's head, and rubbed her back to comfort her.

"Shh... It's okay baby sister, don't cry..."

• A few days later

"I'm happy that you're looking forward to the surgery." Changkyun told her. "That's good!"

Kwaemi nodded. "I'm nervous though, but I can't show Kihyun oppa, or he'll be even more worried."

"That's true. Hyung has always been a worrywart." Changkyun told her, reaching out for her hand with a blush. Kwaemi didn't dwell too much about it.

"Hoseok still hasn't been in class?" Kwaemi asked with a small frown. Changkyun looked at her, feeling guilty for lying to her.

"Um... Yeah..." He mumbled, and Kwaemi sighed. "The third day." She noted, and Changkyun patted her shoulder.

"He'll be back." He told her... No, Kwaemi couldn't know that Wonho, is back with Naeun.

Changkyun saw the couple walk past them. He stared at Wonho, but Wonho ignored him, which was unusual.

Usually the roles would be reversed.

"I hope." Kwaemi smiled.

Changkyun couldn't believe someone as innocent and someone who had a big heart like her was going through some messed up crap without even realizing it...