~ Chapter Forty One ~

Luke's POV

"She's dying." He said.

I wanted to say something but the words just wouldn't come out.

"She is in very bad shape, her chances of living are very low, I'm so sorry." He added.

"What are her chances." I croaked out.

"10%"

"So she's going to die?" I asked.

"Yes, she doesn't have that much time left."

"Take it back." I threatened the doctor.

His face went pale and he looked terrified then he said "I'm sorry but I can't lie to you."

The doctor left and I returned to my seat.
I wrapped my hand around hers and brought I to my lips, I kissed it softly then returned it to its original position, still holding it.
Then I started to cry, for the first time in forever.

"Kelly, please don't die, please come back, I love you, I can't live without you, you're the most important thing in my life besides our kids and I can't lose you, not now, we've been through too much, you have to survive, you just have to." I cried.

Still nothing, her body looked so drained, her face was pale, her hands were cold and her lips were a light purple, she was lifeless, I know that she Is dying and that she will die but I still don't want to accept that it will happen, she's way to young for it.

"Kel, we are going to grow old together, remember? We are going to have a little house with.a veranda out the front, with two chairs and a table, we are going to read books and drink tea all day long, and even if we did nothing all day it wouldn't matter because we'd be happy, we are getting married in a couple of months, remember you already picked out your dress, I have my suit and we have our venue too, we are going to live happily ever after."

I just couldn't stop the tears I love her more than anything in the entire world, she is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I've loved her since the day I met her.
It's not right, she can't be dying.

After sitting there crying for a while I started to tell her everything I had ever thought about her.

"I have always wanted to marry you, you are the most beautiful person inside and out, you are my first and only love Kel, I need you, without you I'm nothing, together we are the best duo in the world I just wish I got to tell you when you could hear me."

More tears fell and more soppy words escaped my lips, Kelly didn't move or show any signs of life.

"Kel, how am I going to raise our kids without you? You are the one that can always tell when somethings wrong, I can't, I can barely even change a nappy, not that I need to anymore but still. You have given me the best life I could ever want, you are my bestfriend and my soulmate."

"It's funny how I fell in love with my bestfriend, most people don't but think they have, but I know that I have, I love you Kelly."

"I love you I love you I love you."

I looked back at her face again, still nothing.

"Oh what I would do to kiss you one more time." I mumbled.

I felt her hand grip mine then loosen again.

I stood up and leant in to kiss her, her lips reacted with mine and I felt her kiss me back, am I dreaming? Or is this real? She can't really be kissing me, she's dying, she can't even open her eyes.

I pulled away and heard beeping noises, I looked at the heart monitor and saw a flat line.

I called for a doctor or a nurse but by the time they came she was gone. Just gone.

Her chest wasn't moving anymore, she was completely still, she had died and there's nothing I could do about it.