~ Chapter Seven ~

~ Chapter Seven ~

*Luke's POV*

Ding Dong!

The front doorbell echoed through the house signalling that someone was at the door, i walked to the door and pulled it open to reveal Kelly's mum Lauren and Kelly.

She looked so beautiful, i loved how he was always dressed casual and never tried to impress anyone but herself.

She was wearing a white t-shirt with a black skull on it with a pair of light ripped denim jeans along with a pair of vans.

"Hey". I greeted them at the door.

"Please, Come in". I added as i gestured for them to come inside.

I closed the door and saw Kelly looking around the front hall, i saw her eyes scan the familiar room until they stopped on a picture.

It was when we were five, it was at my birthday party and she was wearing a ballerina skirt with a white tshirt and pink sparkling shoes, i however was just in black shorts and a green tshirt, we were both smiling like the cheshire cat and i had cake all over my face.  

That was such an amazing day.

"Is that us?". She asked as she realised my presence next to her.

"Yeah, that was my fifth birthday party". I replied.

"Oh, yeah i remember that day". She said.

---------------------------------------

"Bye Kel, Bye Lauren". I said as i watched them walk down the footpath to their house next door.

I closed the door and went up to my room, i lay on my top bunk, not even acknowledging Jai's presence as i fell back on the mattress with a humph.

"Whats wrong?". Jai asked.

I ignored him.

"Luke". He said.

I felt him push my shoulder as he said "Luke what is wrong?".

"Um everything". I said emotionless, still staring at the plain white ceiling.

"Is it Kelly?". He asked.

Of course it was her, she is the reason im so down right now.

I cant get those words out of my head.

- Earlier that night -

"Your room looks the same". She said as she looked around the large room i shared with Jai.

"Yeah except the people who live in it own teenager things now". I said.

"Yeah". She sat on Jai's bed.

I sat down next to her.

Then it went silent.

Finally she broke the silence.

"Luke". She said.

"Yes?". I asked.

"What do you think of me?". She asked.

"And i dont mean the old me i mean the way i am now". She added.

"I think you're scared". I said.

"Yeah? Of what?". She asked, this time looking me dead in the eye.

"Honestly?".

She nodded.

"I think that you're scared of me". I said honestly.

"Im not". She replied.

"Oh really". I said.

She nodded again.

I then tried to touch her knee and she instantly shuffled away from me.

"See?". I asked, then i stood up facing away from her.

"Luke, im scared because you are the reason im broken". She said.

"And i dont want to be with you in the way you want me too". She added.

"Why not?". I asked turning to face her.

"Because you arent important to me anymore". She answered.

Those words caused me to brake inside.

I had to hold back the tears that were welling up in my eyes, i turned away again and said, "Excuse me". Then walked into the bathroom.

I locked the door behind me and stood in front of the mirror staring into my own eyes.

"You arent important anymore". I whispered to myself.

I could see my eyes begin to water in the reflection but i held them back once again, i then splashed some water in my face and walked into the dining room.

I sat down at the table and ignored everyone having conversations at the table, i just focussed on my food.

By the time everyone had eaten it was 9:30 so Kelly and Lauren went home and i went up to my room.

----

"Luke? Whats wrong bro?". Jai asked, the worry evident in his brown eyes.

"She told me im not important to her anymore". I choked out.

"She doesnt mean that Luke". Jai tried to reassure me, but this time it wasnt working because i know she does mean it and obviously hates me now.

I just said "Sure". And rolled over to face my wall, then closed my eyes, trying to get some sleep.

*Kelly's POV*

What have i done?

I told Luke that he wasnt important to me anymore, i could see the hurt in his eyes, the way they looked.. I just cant get it out of my head and how he choked out "Excuse me". His voice cracked, that means he was about to cry.

Why did i say that?

I dont even mean it, at least i dont think i do.

I do care about Luke, he is one of the most important things in my life, i have no idea why i said that to him, i guess it was because i am scared, scared that if i fall he wont be there to catch me.

I know i hurt him, not just hurt him i basically just broke him, he told me how he felt and i turned him down in the worst possible way.

The way he is focussing on his food at the table, not making eye contact with anyone, obviously he wants to be alone.

After we had finished dinner we thanked Gina and left the Brooks residence, Luke said bye to us from the door like nothing was wrong.

As soon as i got home i went and sat up in my room at my desk, i then logged on to facebook and saw Luke's status on my newsfeed.

Luke Brooks: heartbroken

I caused that.

Then i read the comments.

'Mate you alright?'

Luke: no im fucking terrible

Beau: luke what happened?

Luke: dw beau i'll tell you later probably..

I updated my status

Kelly Parks: im sorry

Then i logged off and went on tumblr, i saw that i gained 100 new followers, i now had 1009 followers, it was because of Luke.

I had many anons asking about him but i chose to ignore then for now.

I lied down on my bed and closed my eyes letting sleep take over.