~ Chapter Twelve ~

~ Chapter Twelve ~

Its May 1st today, Luke and Jai are 18 in two days, and I have no idea what to get them.

I bought the dress that Beau picked out since we were having a big party for the boys and i needed something to wear, but I didnt have any shoes to match so i have to go shopping again, thats my excuse to buy the boys something.

I approached the front door about to exit the brooks residence when I heard "Kel, where are you going?". It was Luke.

"Im just going to get a pair of shoes to match my dress". I said as if it was nothing.

"Oh, okay, be back soon though". He said as he returned to the lounge area.

I stepped outside and started my long walk to the shopping centre, kicking stones along my way.

Once I got there i went straight into Zu Shoes to buy a nice pair of heels, since Beau gave me some money.

I picked up a pair of black velvet heels and tried them on, they made my legs look amazing so i bought them and then went around the shops thinking of a present for Luke and for Jai.

---------------------------------------

I've been at the shopping centre for two hours now, ive. bought something for Jai but I still can't find anything for Luke.

I was frantically walking around looking in just about every shop until i saw a stand that sold jewelry.

I scanned the necklaces with my eyes nothing really drawing me to it, that was until i saw it, the perfect present.

~

"Would you like it engraved?" The stall owner asked.

"Yes please". I said.

"I want it to say.."

---------------------------------------

"Im back!" I yelled out as i walked in the front door of the Brooks residence.

Luke came bounding over to me, enveloping me into a hug.

"You were gone for ages! They must be good shoes then!". He exclaimed.

I laughed and said "Yeah they were expensive but i used Beau's money."

"Smart girl." Luke laughed.

"Wait you spent it all?." Beau asked puzzled as he walked into the front hall.

"If you call $130 all of it then yes." I giggled.

"As if you bought shoes that expensive seriously, they better be good." He scolded me.

"Oh they are, but you have to wait till the party to see them." I poked my tongue out after saying that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 3rd..

Today is the twins birthday, wow they are both 18 and im still only 17, same as James.

The twins have gone out to spend the day with their mum, while Beau and I were at their house setting up the party.

We hung streamers from the ceiling and i stringed fairy lights along the beams in the roof of the veranda.

Beau carried the big stereos out onto the decking and arranged them together like a booth, and put the laptop behind it, with a playlist full of all the classic songs, all of the good ones that everyone loved.