~ Chapter Four ~

~ Chapter Four ~

*Luke's POV*

That was it, i was left standing on the tree branch of our spot, Kelly ran away again.

This time she isnt getting away that easily.

I ran down the road to the house that she lived in, as i approached the red brick house i heard the door slam, i sped up the front steps and opened it, i then closed it behind me and stood there in the front hall silently, trying to remember where Kelly's Bedroom was.

I then heard sobbing coming from upstairs.

I walked briskly up the many steps until i reached the door that was slightly ajar.

I slowly pushed it open and stepped inside, looking around the room, remembering the white desk that we had written "Kelly and Luke Bestfriends Forever". In permanent marker i tiptoed over to it and then to my disbelief saw it crossed out.

I then turned my attention to the sobbing girl on the bed.

"Kelly?". I said.

"Go away". She sobbed.

"No". I said stubbornly.

"I need to talk to you". I added.

"Well i dont want to talk to you". She said spinning around, glaring at me, but avoiding my gaze.

Her makeup had run down from her green eyes, the green had turned dull instead of being bright like usual, her cheeks were wet from tears and her bottom lip quivered every so often.

I stepped closer to her bed and hesitantley sat down on the end, she was still glaring at me, her green eyes showing nothing but hurt.

"Tell me what you wanted to then leave". She spoke harshly.

"I never tried to hurt you, in fact you also hurt me". I started to say before i was cut off by Kelly.

"You never noticed did you?". She asked.

I didnt answer her question but instead went on with what i was saying.

"You were my bestfriend Kel, I grew up with you, and when you left i felt like a giant chunk of my heart was ripped out, and you didnt even say goodbye, which made things worse because i never got to tell you that i-". I was cut off again.

"You think a chunk of your heart was ripped out?! I spent years wishing that i had told you what i kept secret for ages". She said.

"And what was that?". I asked.

"That i liked you!". She yelled.

Then she started yelling profanitys at me and many things that i would rather not hear, but i couldnt do this.

I pushed my face closer to hers and our lips crashed together, my hand on the back of her neck.

I could feel her muscles soften up before she responded to my kiss by kissing me back.

I pulled away and said "I still like you".

She was speechless.

We were silent for a while, niether of us moving until she finally said something.

"What now?". She asked, more calm now.

"We are soul mates, we have to forgive and forget". I said quietly.

She finally met my gaze and her green eyes still looked the same, inside her body was a 12 year old girl who had to grow up too fast and live with the pain of heart break.

I brushed her dark hair off her face and cupped her chin with my hand, i examined her 17 year old face.

She had a silver nose stud and wore eyeliner, some mascara had smudged from the tears, but aside from that she was still beautiful.

She wears the makeup as a vasade(?) to hide her inner self from the world, thats why she avoids eye contact with people, because they would see her true self through her eyes.

I stood her up and examined her whole body.

She wore a necklace with a fortune cookie pendant on it, probably trying to find some sort if luck in her life.

Her breasts were quite large but not too large, her collarbones were prominant and her skin was lightly tanned.

Her legs were quite skinny and her feet, quite small, she had a tattoo of a heart with a slash through it on her right ankle and on her left foot she had a tattoo of a feather with the words "Trust No One".

I pushed her hair behind her ears and saw that she had many earrings in her ears, but they didnt look to bad.

She was still the beautiful Kelly that i remember.

I then put my hand on the small of her back and pulled her forward so she would stand inbetween my thighs.

"There wasnt a day where you didnt cross my mind". I said quietly, looking into her eyes.

A light blush appeared on her cheeks.

"I really am sorry, for hurting you". I admitted.

She nodded and said "I'm sorry for not saying goodbye".

Our foreheads were pressed together as we stared into eachothers eyes in silence, no sounds heard except for the sound of our breath hitting eachothers faces.

She entwined her fingers in my hair and smiled.

"What?". I asked, smiling also.

"Nothing". She said.

I took her hand in mine and let her sit on the bed cross legged in front of me.

I copied her actions so we were both facing eachother cross legged.

"So where did you go?". I asked.

"Queensland". She said.

I gave her a puzzled look as if to say why when she answered my question.

"Mum got a job up there and we had to move, we came back because the lady renting our house passed away". She explained.

I nodded my head in understanding.

"Im happy that you are back". I gushed.

She smiled as i kissed her cheek.

I got up from the bed and into her ensuite bathroom.

"What are you doing?". She asked.

I stayed silent as i walked back out to her bed with a makeup wipe.

"I wanna see you without makeup". I said.

She nodded and i wiped the black eye makeup off her face.

She opened her eyes and i felt all light like i had seen my soulmate for the first time, without any coverage of her natural beauty.

"Wow". I uttered.

She smiled for a second but then dropped the smile to a look more hostile.

"I still cant completely trust you again, you hurt me alot and im not ready to go back to how we used to be just yet, you have to earn it". She said.

I nodded.

"I know".

"I have to go home now". I added.

She nodded then said "Goodbye Luke, i shall see you tomorrow at school".

I nodded once again before leaving her house and walking back to my own, kicking rocks along the way.

I cant believe shes back, and she is my matched pair, or in other words, soulmate.

I arrived at my house and could head the sound of Jai on the XBox and Beau making Keek videos with Daniel, this was a normal night in my house.

I walked into my room after greeting everyone and crawled into my soft bed, pulling the doona up to my chin and closing my eyes and falling asleep.