I entered, seeing the curtains open.

   The moonlight shone in, and it lit up Aphmau's perfect face.

  Her features were striking; her Raven hair sprawled out almost perfectly across the pillow.

  I pulled her blanket off gently, sliding my arm under her legs, and the other under her back.

  I lifted her up, carrying her towards the open door.

  Halfway down the hallway, she began to stir.

  "H-huh?" Her voice was hoarse. "G-Garroth? What are you doing?!"

  "Kidnapping you."

    "W-what?! Put me down!"

     "I'm just kidding. We're going somewhere we can talk."

   "What? It's like, three in the morning!"

  "And?"

   "... Set me down."

    "No."

      "Garroth Ro'meave." The look on her face was dead serious. "Put. Me.
Down."

   "Damn," I said, putting her feet on the ground and letting her down. "Okay."

   She stood there for a minute. "I have somewhere to go in the morning. And you don't obviously want to make things right. So if you could kindly move out of the way, I can go back to sleep and we can pretend this never happened."

   "What the hell do you mean?" I asked, my eyes searching hers.

  All I got is a hurt a hurt look.

   "Look. I know what happened. You told Azura that you had a girlfriend, and you left. I love you for that." She looked at me. "But I don't know if getting back together is such a good idea anyway."

   "Aphmau, please." I whispered. "I promise nothing will ever happen like this again."

  She was silent.

   "...Do you remember in Paris?" I slightly smiled. "When we broke those windows with rocks by accident? And then we put our handprints in the wet cement."

   "Yes, I do." I saw her smile start.

    "And do you remember when we first met?" My smile grew wider. "God, I didn't think I'd even have a chance with you. Keep in mind, that back then I was that Garroth. I was cocky, and I still didn't think I had a chance. You were-- are so smart, and beautiful, and caring, and loving. And I still don't even think I have a chance with you." I shook my head.

   "And I know I don't deserve you, and I know you can do much better than me, and you deserve someone much better than me," I reached into my pocket. "But I love you, and I hope you still love me.. So will you go out with me, Aphmau Lorde?"

  "Am I seriously getting asked out at 2:30 in the morning?" She smiled. "Of course, you big dummy. I love you."

   "Well, let's put this thing on, then." I slid the ring on her finger, pressing my lips to hers.

   They were soft and sweet, just as I remembered them. I haven't felt them against my own for three days, but it felt like a lifetime.

My hands found their way to her waist, gently tugging her closer to me. Her arms snaked around my neck, and she pressed herself against me.

  "I love you so much," I breathed against her lips when we pulled away.

  "I love you too," she whispered, her eyes still closed.

   She began crying.

  "A-Aph?" I asked.

   "I'm sorry," she wailed. I shushed her, as people were sleeping.

  "You have no need to be," I sighed. "I should be the one telling you that.

  "I just messed up so bad and I--"

  "Hey," a sudden idea came into mind. "What do you say we go to Paris?"

  "W-what?" She asked, opening her eyes and looking at me.

  "Yeah, you heard me. Let's fly to Paris."

   "We have classes," She answered.

     "And?"

     "Okay." She smiled.

   "Let's go."