20

Garroth's POV

I hit her.

  My anger got the best of me, and I hit her. I obviously wouldn't have done it if she didn't step in, but that didn't make it up.

  I slammed my head against the wall, for doing that.

  I punched my best friend. I was jealous and mad at him.

  There's another slam.

  I heard the door open then close. I looked up, to see Aphmau.

  Her cheek was bright and there was a handprint on it, which made my heart break. She looked okay, though.

  "I'm sorry," I blurted out, but so did she. "What? Okay, I forgive you."

She broke out into a smile, but I couldn't move.

"You're going to forgive me that fast and easily?" I asked, my eyes wide.

"Only if you forgive me." She sighed. "I didn't mean what I said, I didn't mean anything... I'll like you no matter if you have anger issues or if this whole room crashed down on us right now. You have a place in my heart. I may not know what that place is yet, but it's something big. And you mean a lot to me."

What?

... I think I'm in love with her.

"Fuck." I breathed out, walking closer to her. "I think I love you."

"W-what?" She asked, but I cut her off by picking her up and kissing her. I heard her squeal, but she gave into the kiss, wrapping her arms around me.

After a minute, I pulled back, both of us breathing heavily. It was quiet until her mouth opened.

"I-I don't know." She whispered. "I-I don't know if I love you yet."

"That's okay," I said. "I can wait."

"W-why do you think that you love me?"

"Because," I said slowly. "..there's a lot of reasons. And even though I barely know you, I-I feel like you make me whole. I've never felt this way before... and I like it. I like it a lot. I like you a lot."

She smiled, her breaths getting softer. "Really?"

"Really." I smile back.

She bit her lip, still smiling. "I-it feels really nice to be liked."

"Yeah." I laughed. "It does.."

"Classes start tomorrow." She sighed. "I'm not ready. I just want to stay here with you."

"I know." I said. "I'm not all ecstatic either."

"Yeah." She swallowed. She looked down, pointing out that I was still holding her. I laughed, setting her down.

   She was about to let go, but instead put her head on my chest, hugging me. I froze up, then hugged back, smiling to her.

  "I-I'm glad that's over." She said. "I never want that happening again."

  "Me either." I sighed. "And there's nothing I can do for.. doing that to you. I can't even.. I don't.."