7

Aphmau's POV

   I moved the pancakes around on my plate and listened as Garroth talked about his brothers. I nodded, but I was too focused on when Garroth called me 'hottie' and 'taken' by him.

    The way he put his arm around my waist. The way he literally scared that boy off.

   It made me want to scream.

   I don't know what was happening to me. I still had kind of a crush on him, but nothing was serious.

   Was I jealous?

   No. I'm not jealous. I can't be jealous. What am I jealous of? Nothing. There's nothing to be jealous of. Nothing is wrong.

   "Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes widening. I snapped back to reality. "You've been nodding non-stop and it's scaring me."

    "Sorry." I closed my eyes for a second and shook my head. "Just kind of zoned out at the last part. I just have a lot on my mind right now."

   "Mhm." He brought his coffee to his mouth. "I know, I'm boring."

   I choked on my hot chocolate. "W-what?! I didn't say you were boring!"

   "I'm just kidding." He grinned. "I know that I'm pretty cool."

   "Of course you are." I smiled back. "Hey, thanks for helping me with that.. situation."

   He raised an eyebrow. "No need to thank me."

    "You saved me from going through something really awkward." I sighed, twirling the ends of my hair. 

   He didn't say anything. I looked down to my hair, watching as I swirled it around my finger.

  "Y-you're really pretty, Aphmau."

Garroth's POV

"Y-you're really pretty, Aphmau." I blurted out. She looked back up and me and smiled widely.

"Thanks, Garroth." She smiled even wider and picked up a piece of pancake on her fork, shoving it into her mouth.

I felt heat rise to my cheeks as I cleared my throat and looked away. I was happy I made her smile, but that couldn't have been less awkward.

The pink haired waitress, Kawaii~Chan, came back, smiling. She went to our school, but worked here at iHop on the weekends.

She grabbed Aphmau's and I empty plates and smiled at me, then left. She looked like someone Dante would just drool over.

"Ready to go?" I asked, reaching into my wallet and pulling out 20 dollars. She nodded, the frowned at me.

"You paid for food last night," she said. "That's not fair."

"Do you really think I'm going to let a lady pay for my food?" I smiled, putting it out on the table. The food in all cost 15 dollars, but I gave Kawaii~Chan a 5 dollar tip.

"No.." She sighed. "I just feel bad."

"Don't." I stood up and extended my hand to her, helping her out of the booth. She took it and I swear I felt something flying in between our hands.

She let go and we walked to the door, and out to my car. Campus wasn't too far from here. It was only about a 5 minute drive.

   We both got in and I buckled, starting the car. She did the same and leaned back, staring out the window.

  I shifted my head and put the car in reverse, backing up. As soon as I finished, I drove towards the main road and out of the parking lot.

   I put one hand on the wheel and the other on the top of the cup holders. Aphmau softly hummed and we sat in silence, but it was a comfortable silence.

   I felt something warm on my hand and saw Aphmau's over top of mine. She turned her head and went pale, and I just laughed.

   She went to take it away, but I stopped her, grabbing it. "It's okay. I like it there."

   She smiled and let me hold her hand. We drove down back to the campus, listening to the music sound throughout the car.

   "They think it's a shame," Aphmau softly sang along. "That the world will never know our names, but I think that's okay.

   '"Cause love gets ruined by money, and power and fame," Her voice was so beautiful. "And we're just 2 poor kids from a really rich city, my, oh my, what a pity.

   "And we've got a love story unlike the rest," she smiled, moving her head a little bit on the beat. "No fancy suit, no fancy dress..."

  We pulled up to the school and Aphmau stopped singing. I turned off the car and turned to her.

   "That was amazing." My jaw hung open a little. "You're amazing."

   She turned pink, smiling. "Thanks, Garroth."

    "You should go into music or something." I smiled back, opening the car door. I glanced to the clock quickly, and it was 8 A.M.

  "Come on." She laughed. "Let's go inside."