5

Aphmau's POV

  I've been sitting here, listening to Zoey talk about cute boys for the past 20 minutes. Where was Garroth?

    "Should I call Garroth?" I quickly asked when she took a breath. "The pizza place is literally a block down. He shouldn't be taking this long."

    "Yeah, sure." She nodded. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it, clicking the phone icon. I clicked on Garroth's contact and lifted the phone to my ear.

    "Hello?" He sounded calm.

     "Hey." I smiled. "Are you okay? You've been gone for a while.."

     "Yeah, the line was just long and there was bad rain. I'm here." The door flung open and on cue, Garrroth hung up on me. I smiled and ran to the breadsticks, grabbing them off the pizza boxes.

    "Save some for me!" Zoey exclaimed. "No fair."

    "Breadsticks are all that I need in this  world." I laughed. Garroth handed me a paper plate with a piece of pizza on it. I smiled and took it from him.

    I kind of sort of melted when he winked at me, then turned back to get more pizza for Zoey and him. I had noticed I'd been developing a dumb fling for him.. As if.

    Garroth give a plate to him and Zoey and sat next to her on his bed, and ate his food.

   I ate my breadsticks first. They were good, but not Olive Garden good. Olive Garden was heaven, man.

    "Thanks, Garroth!" I yelled. He laughed shook his head.

    "Don't mention it." He smiled. We were kind of left staring at each other until Zoey coughed, making me snap back to reality and finish my food.

    "I'm done." She nodded. "Thanks, G. I'm gonna head back, but I'll see you guys later. Good thing classes don't start yet!"

    "Good thing." I smiled. "Bye!"

     "Bye, Zo." Garroth slightly waved. It was silent until the door closed, then Garroth looked at me, smirking.

     "What?" I asked, confused.

     "Let me guess." He set his plate aside and put his head in his chin, still smirking. How cute. "Zoey talked to you about boys?"

    "How did you know?" I laughed. "And they weren't just boys. They were cute boys, for a matter of fact."

    He smiled. "Yeah, yeah. Sorry about her."

    "No!" I assured him. "She's awesome! Don't worry about it."

     He nodded and threw his plate away. Mine was empty so he reached over and took it, throwing it away too.

    "Thanks." I smiled. I checked the time: 9:14 P.M. "I'm gonna go brush my teeth and wash my face and stuff."

"The girl essentials." He laughed. "I'll be out here."

I nodded and walked to the bathroom, closing and locking it behind me. I slid down to the floor against the door.

Why did my heart feel so happy?

It literally felt it like it could grow fucking wings and fly away.

I smiled and got up, grabbing my cleansing brush, make up remover, toothbrush, and face wash. I removed my makeup, then I applied the wash and used the brush.

When I was done I brushed my teeth and walked out of the bathroom after cleaning up. I was too tired to change out of my shorts and t-shirt, so I just fell on to my bed.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Garroth asked. He had his laptop on the end of his bed.

"I wish I could." I sleepily smiled. "But I'm bound to fall asleep in a matter of five to ten seconds."

"Yeah," he yawned. "I'm tired anyways. It's only 10. Jeez, I'm never tired this early."

He got up and flicked the light switch off. He leaned over and locked the dorm door, and then I could hear his feet shuffling back to his bed and he laid on it.

"Goodnight, Aphmau. Sleep tight." He mumbled. I smiled, hugging my pillow.

"Goodnight, Garroth."

–––––––––——————–––––––––

A few hours later I woke up, sitting straight up in my bed. I heard thunder boom and crash, and before I knew it, tears were streaming down my face.

I hated thunder as a little kid, and I guess I never got over it. The way it sounded just reminded me of bad days.

I heard Garroth sit up, and I could see his silhouette from the occasional lightning flashing across the window.

"Are you okay?" He asked, sleepily. I shook my head no, hugging my knees.

He hesitated, then scooted over in his bed. He softly patted the spot next to him, and I slowly got up and stepped over to his bed, sitting on it.

He opened his arms and I fell into them, leaning against his chest. More thunder boomed and I scooted closer to him, wrapping my arms around his neck; his around my torso.

I felt so embarrassed, but so glad he was comforting me. He shakily raised a hand to my hair and began to stroke it softly.

"It's okay." He whispered. "I used to be afraid of thunder, but think of it as.. Angels bowling. Every time they get a strike, lightning flashes and thunder booms.. I guess. If that makes you feel better."

I smiled. "O-okay. Like that makes sense."

"I'm trying!" He softly laughed.

"I'm kidding." I mumbled into his shoulder. "It's really sweet of you to do this for me."

"It's no problem." He held me closer as more thunder boomed. "Jeez, it's really loud tonight."

"I guess so." I whispered. "It's kind of weird how we ended up here together, don't you think?"

"W-what do you mean?" He asked. I realized he was still holding me and I felt heat rush up to my face.

"U-um.. I mean like in the same dorm." I swallowed. "Right?"

"I guess so." He nodded. More thunder boomed and lightning spread across the sky. I recoiled back into his chest.

He wrapped an arm around my back, pulling me closer to him. "Y-you can go back to s-sleep if you want."

My eyes felt heavy, but thunder still boomed. "O-okay.. I'll try."

I shut my eyes and felt Garroth's warm hand brush the hair out of my face. The spots where his fingers touched my skin tingled, and I could feel his warm breath on my forehead.

I smiled, not letting him see it. I inhaled his scent. He smelt like really good, expensive cologne. I liked it.

"Goodnight, love." He whispered.

I felt heat rush up to my face, but sleep eventually took over me and the thunder faded away.