31

Aphmau's POV

  "Instalove," I heard him say to my mum just before I fully fell asleep. "Do you believe in it?"

   "Of course I do," she replied. "Why ask such a question?"

   "It's hit me," I felt his eyes on me. "And it's hit me pretty damn hard."

  Before I could even process what he said, sleep fully took over me, and the thunder faded away.

                   *        *       *

   I sat up, staring at my hands. I could hear the swirl of the wind and the rain pounding against the house flowing through my head.

  Thunder boomed, making me recoil back into the couch. Mostly everyone was either asleep or being anti-social on their phones or something.

   Garroth was asleep on the chair across from me, his head in his hand, his elbow propping it up. I don't even think he realized he fell asleep; how cute.

  My mind wandered to Katelyn.

  I gasped, fumbling around in my pocket for my phone. I had no wifi, so I decided to just call her.

   "Please pick up.." I mumbled to myself.

   "H-hello?" Katelyn asked groggily.

    "Kate!" I exclaimed. "Oh, gosh! How are you and your family doing?"

   "You asshole!" She groaned. "I was trying to fall asleep, and right when I do, you call me about something like if I'm okay?!"

   "Sorry for caring about you."

    "Ugh." She sighed. "Sorry. Yes, we're fine. My parents are up, trying to see when this dumbass hurricane will be over."

   "Hopefully soon." I ran a hand through my hair. "I hate this."

   "Who are you with?" She asked.

    "My family and Garroth." I explained. "He wasn't supposed to be here during the hurricane, but having it come early and stuff.. y'know."

   "I see." She yawned. "Aphmau, I love talking to you, but I'm going to hang up because I'm tired as hell."

   "Alright. Go to bed, little baby." I smiled.

   "Will do." She laughed slightly. "Bye. Love you."

   "I love you too." I smiled again. "See you soon."

  I hung up, setting my phone down. I felt someone sit next to me, resting their head on my shoulder.

   "Hi." Levin spoke.

    "Hey, Lev." I wrapped my arm around his back. "How are you doing?"

   "Okay." He shrugged. "I never like these things."

   "We're lucky it's not a big hurricane."
I smiled. "But I don't like them either."

   "Don't you get scared of them?" He asked. "You act really brave. Is it just for us? I know mum is really scared. Aren't you?"

   "Of course I'm scared." I looked to him, smiling. "Do I act brave? I don't try to. You should've seen me earlier. I was crying like a baby."

   "I can.. see that happening." He laughed quietly, trying not to wake Garroth up. "I-is he good to you?"

   "What?"

    "Garroth," he explained. "Is he, uh, good to you?"

   "He's more than good to me." I said. "He's pretty amazing, Levin. He would love you."