47

Five days later
Aphmau

" All students report to the football field. I repeat, all students report to the football field."

The students in my class looked around, confused, but getting up. The teacher rushed them out.

I walked out with them, instantly spotting the head of blonde hair belonging to that boy I love.

"Garroth!"

I saw him turn around and look to me. He reached over the students and grabbed my arm, gently tugging me through the crowds of people.

"Hey." He smiled, taking his hand and fitting it with mine. "You know what this is about?"

"Not at all, but I have a horrid feeling about it."

"Hopefully, this isn't anything bad."

"Why else would they pull us out of class?"

"Right." He nodded, rubbing his thumb over mine. "How are you doing.. with your father?" He asked.

"It's.. amazing." I replied. "He's back. I have a father."

"I don't think he likes me very much."

"He doesn't know anything about you, or that you and I--" I stopped myself.

"Aph.. You didn't tell him?"

"N-no," I said sheepishly.

"And you're promised to me." He smirked.

"He's going to flip," I sighed.

"And murder me." His eyes went worried.

I laughed, suddenly seeing we were in front of a huge podium on the football field.

Principal Jeb stood on it. He looked distressed.

"Something's wrong, Garroth." I felt a knot tie in my stomach. "Something is really wrong."

"Can you feel it, too?" He whispered. "So much.. negativity. Worry. I can actually feel it."

"I can."

"Students!" Principal Jeb hollered into a microphone. "If you will please be quiet, we have a serious manner here!"

The students instantly shut up.

I gripped Garroth's hand tighter.

"As you may or may not have known," Jeb said. "One of our students, Laurance Zvahl, has been in a coma for six months now."

Garroth tensed up as kids gasped and mumbled. I wrapped my arm around his, hugging myself to his arm.

"He's awake?!" A student yelled.

"Laurance Zvahl is alive." Jeb announced, smiling brightly.

Everyone was silent, their gazes turning slowly towards Garroth and I.

He began to breath in deeply and quickly, panic settling into him.

His hand fell loose from mine, and he began backing up quickly, eventually turning around and bolting away.