18

Aphmau's POV

  I handed Abby back to Jeffory, who I was babysitting for about an hour, frowning. "Bye, Abby!"

   "Wha? Why Aphmoo have to go?"

    "She has to go because Grandma has to take you back now." Jeffory responded for me, kissing Abby's cheek. "You'll see her again. Don't worry, baby."

  "Awww! Bye, Garrot! Bye, Aphmoo!" She whispered to the sleeping Katelyn. "Bye, Auntie Katelyn!"

    "Aw, she's too precious." I smiled, looking up as Garroth leaned against the door behind me. "Anyways, I'll see you later, Jeffory."

   "You know it." He smiled back. "Thank you so much for watching little Abby here. I know Katelyn doesn't like taking care of babies that much, so I'm glad to have someone like you."

   "Of course!" I exclaimed. "I love babies."

   "That's all she's been saying for the past half an hour." Garroth laughed. "She won't shut up about babies."

   "Ha." He looked to Abby. "I'd love to stay and talk, but Ab is getting hungry. I'll see you all later."

   "Bye!" Garroth and I said in unison, smiling to each other as we did so.

   Jeffory began walking to his dorm, leaving me to shut the door. I leaned against it, Garroth facing me.

   "You look really pretty today."

   I felt my face getting hot. "Aw, thank you."

   He smiled. "I always.. have the urge to kiss you."

    I laughed, flipping my hair over my shoulder. "I'm just so irresistible, I get all the boys."

   "You better not." He laughed back. "Or I'll have to fight a lot of people."

   I smiled at him until my phone rang, vibrating in my back pocket. I picked it up, looking at my screen.

  Laurance: meet me outside?

   Curiously, I drew my eyebrows together. I showed the text to Garroth.

   "Should I go?" I asked.

   "I don't want you to--" he cut himself off. "Actually, yes. If you want to."

    "What?" I asked. "Even after what happened earlier? I'm confused."

  Pause.

  Oh, what happened earlier? That's a long story.

    "What the hell, Garroth?!" Laurance screamed, storming into our dorm. I was sitting next to Garroth, my head on his shoulder and we were on my bed. "Oh, what the hell?"

   "What?" Garroth asked.

    "You got the guts to tell her how you feel when you know how I feel about her?" He hissed. "What a douchebag!"