41

Aphmau's POV

I stared at my computer game before slamming my laptop screen down in anger.

Garroth flinched beside me, his eyes going wide. "Woah. Nice rage quit, babe."

"Sorry. It's just that this game is driving me nuts."

"You're probably just antsy to get out of this hospital, love."

"Yeah." I nodded. "I'm so excited to leave today."

"I'm just happy that you're okay," he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, planting a kiss on my cheek.

I smiled. He hasn't left my side, unless it was to get something to eat or go to the bathroom.

"I love you."

I looked at him, rolling my eyes jokingly. "Sure."

"I do." He gave me a wide grin. "But there's something weird... there's something that you're not telling me."

"W-what?" I asked, the hair on the back of my neck standing up.

He couldn't possibly know about Laurance.

"I'm kidding," he laughed slightly.

"R-right," I gave a small smile. "S-sorry, I'm just kind of.. restless."

"I understand." He leaned his head on my shoulder. "How's your chest feeling?"

"Sucky." I replied. "When do I get the stitches out?"

"Don't know yet," he retorted. "Maybe about two to three weeks?"

I sighed. "I won't be able to wear any low cut tops. The stitches are too visible."

"Low cut?" He looked up at me, slightly smiling. "The only time you're going to wear a low cut top is around me."

"Sure." I winked down at him. "Guess I'm going to have to wear turtlenecks."

He made a vomiting gesture, sticking his finger down his throat.

I laughed softly, not wanting the pain of the wound to hurt more than it should.

"You'd look better with that hospital robe on."

"Ha! As if. I feel like the corpse bride."

"...Can I be the corpse groom?"

I felt my cheeks heat up. "You are so cheesy."

His grin reached his ears, his eyes lighting up. "I'm taking that as a yes."

  "Man, I'm so tired."

  "Go to sleep, princess. I'm not going anywhere."

I opened my mouth to speak, but both of us fell silent as Zianna and Zoey's father walked into the door.

   "Joseph," Garroth nodded. "Mum. Aphmau's kind of tired right now, so--"

    "Oh, Aphmau, sweetie," Zianna smiled, cutting him off. "How are you feeling?"

   "Good, thank you." I slightly smiled back. "How about you?"