8

Aphmau's POV

  "Hey, Kate." I said into the phone. "My friend asked me to come to the beach today. Do you and Jeffory want to come?"

    "Sure!" She exclaimed. "But Jeffory can't. He has to watch his daughter."

   "Daughter?!" I yelled. "What?!"

    "Yeah." She coughed. "He's not here right now, don't worry. But he has a 3 year old daughter.. she was probably unintentional, I'm guessing. But he loves her nonetheless."

   "Wow." I rubbed the back of my neck. "So.. No you and him?"

   "No!" She laughed. "He's like a brother to me. He's super cool. You'd love him."

   "Okay, sure." I smiled. "I'll pick you up in 20, okay?"

    "See you then! Love you."

    "Love you too, Kate. See you."

I smiled and turned off my phone, sitting down on my bed. I had black shorts and a white t-shirt on over my purple and white bikini.

"Sup, bitches!" Laurance yelled, flinging the door open. "Oh. It's you."

I began to laugh. "Watch your language, loverboy."

"Sorry." He smirked. He walked in, letting Dante trail in behind him.

"Hi!" He winked at me.

"Hey, Dante." I smiled. He sat across from me, on Garroth's bed.

On cue, Garroth walked out of the bathroom. He had black sunglasses on his head and a black t-shirt on with blue swim trunks.

"Are you dumbasses ready?" He asked, grabbing his wallet. "Not you, Aphmau, of course."

"Shut up, dick--" Laurance started.
"Can you shut your mouthes for one minute?" Dante scoffed. "Come on. Be a little more mature."

"Looks who's talking." Garroth's mouth curved into a smile. "We have to get Aphmau's friend, by the way. Oh, and a few of Zoey's friends are coming."

Laurance clicked his tongue. "All right. Let's go."

* * * * * * * *

I knocked on Katelyn's door, adjusting my sunglasses on my head. She opened the door, beaming.

"Hey!" She walked out the door and closed it behind her, locking it with a key. She shoved the key in her purse and turned to me.

"Hey, Katelyn." I wrapped my arm around her, side hugging her as we walked. "Geez, I felt like it's been forever since we've talked."

"It's been a day." She snorted as we walked out the doors. "Anyways, I--"

A whistle blew from someone's mouth. It was a cat call.

Katelyn looked up, seeing none other then Laurance staring at her. She had shorts and a bikini top on, a open hoodie over the top. She crossed her arms over her chest and rolled her eyes.

"Shut up, Laurance." Garroth groaned. "Get in the car."

"Sorry, she's hot." He winked at Katelyn, then hopped back in the open back seat.

We walked to the car, Katelyn having a straight face. She didn't get embarrassed, unlike me.

"I'm sitting in the passenger's seat." I said. "Sorry, you have to sit in the back. Have Dante sit in the middle, he's decent."

"I heard that!" Laurance snorted. "You're just jealous because I said she was hot!"

Garroth reached back and smacked Laurance, making him flinch. Garroth laughed and pulled his hand back before Laurance could hit it.

I opened the passenger's door and got in, shutting it behind me. Katelyn got in, sighing.

"You should've went with Zoey." Garroth looked at me before turning his head and torso around to back up. "Laurance is going to be one hell of a little kid. He always is during road trips."

"It's fine." I smiled, leaning back on the chair. Laurance, Katelyn and Dante talked among themselves. "You guys are a lot of fun."

He smiled back, turning back to face the front. He stared at the road, and left me staring at him.

   Was was wrong with me? He was just a silly boy. Was I going crazy over a boy?

  I felt a slap on my shoulder and I squealed, turning around. Katelyn pointed to my phone and I picked it up, seeing text messages from her.

    kate <3 : y r u staring at Garroth?

    kate <3: omigawd, you don't.

    kate <3: you SO have the hots for him!! stop staring, you look desperate

      kate <3: bitch!! answer ur phone

    I swallowed, typing back. Katelyn smirked at me sitting back in her chair.

me: maybe. hes super cute & nice :/

kate <3: hehe, you so like him.

me: hehe, i so hate you.

"Garroth?" Laurance whined. His eyes darted from me to Katelyn. "Aphmau and Katelyn are keeping secrets."

"What?" We both asked at the same time.

"Respect their privacy, mate." Garroth said, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. "It's fine."

"We weren't sharing secrets," Katelyn protested, rolling her eyes. "We were talking about.. Feminine things?"

"Like periods?" Dante interjected. I spun around in my seat and stared at him. Katelyn's eye began to twitch and the whole car went silent.

"Dante," Garroth coughed. "We don't talk about these kinds of things. They probably weren't talking about--"

"YES!" Katelyn yelled. "YES, WE WERE TALKING ABOUT THAT!"

"Woah," Laurance blinked. "Are you--"

"NO! I'M NOT ON IT!" She freaked out, trying to cover up for me. "THIS IS SO AWKWARD!"

I spun back around and slid down in my seat. I could already feel my face glowing red.

"But isn't a period like.. Where blood comes out of--"

"DANTE!" Katelyn and I yelled in unison.

"Sorry! Jeez!" He huffed, staring out the window.

Garroth began laughing. "This is already so awkward."

Katelyn sighed and stared out her window, leaving Laurance sitting there, staring at the ground. I set my hand back on the place where it was before, by the gear.

   Garroth hesitated, then placed his hand on mine. It felt warm and soft, and I swear sparks shocked me when he touched me.

    He looked at me, smiling. I smiled back at stared down at our hands.

   "Is that okay?" He whispered to me, just low enough so that I could hear it over the loud music. I smiled.

   "Perfect." It wasn't much, but just the feeling of his hand over mine gave me the chills. He smiled at me, then looked back to the road.

   "Good, because I'm not moving it until we get out of this car."