17

* from future me as I'm editing this!

my Australian grammar gets kind of weird so here's a note for reference:

jumper - sweatshirt/ hoodie

thongs - flip flops/ sandals (haha ik what they are in America.)

   Aphmau's POV

I hugged my mum goodbye, sighing.

   "Bye, mum." I frowned. "I'll miss you."

   "I'll miss you too, sweetie." She sniffed. "I'll see you in a month?"

  "Yeah." I nodded my head, pulling away from her. "I love you."

   "I love you too." She smiled. "Be safe driving."

   "I will." I smiled. I waved bye and walked to the car where Garroth and Katelyn were waiting.

   "What about Levin and Malachi?" Katelyn asked.

   "I said goodbye to them in the house." I put the keys in the ignition, checking my mirrors. I started the car, putting it in reverse before checking both ways then pulling out into the street.

   "Your family was nice." Garroth commented.

   "Thanks." I smiled. The cool wind hit me as we sped off. "Katelyn, can you hand me that black jumper back there?"

  "Sure." She said, tossing it from off the seat and into my lap. I pulled up to a stop sign, quickly unbuckling and pulling the jumper over my head. I pushed the hood down and slid my arms through the holes.

   I quickly re-buckled and looked both ways again before releasing the brake. "Much better. Thanks."

   "Mhm." She said, being sucked into something with her phone. Garroth's hand found mine, this time interlocking fingers with me.

  I felt a smile tug at the corners of my lips, quickly glancing to him. He bit his lip, an even bigger smile on his face.

  I turned back to the front of the car, staring out into the road. I felt my arm being brought up and lips on my knuckles, making me turn bright red.

  It was going to be a long ride home

* * *

  "C'mon, Kate." I poked Katelyn's side, making her jump up from sleep. "It's literally only 6:00. Get up."

   She groaned, sitting up and looking on the ground. "I took my thongs off.. where's the other one?"

   "On your foot." I scoffed. "C'mon."

"Okay," she grumbled. She sat up, blinking a few times. She hopped out of the door frame and walked in front of me into the building.

Garroth glanced back to me, before having Katelyn dart her eyes from him to me. She gritted her teeth, then grabbed him by the arm.

"Come with me." Sleep still lingered in her voice. "We need to talk."

"Uh, okay," he said, wincing slightly. I laughed.

"Don't hurt him, Kate." I called as she pulled him into the building. She rolled her eyes.

"Don't come in till I say so."