25

Aphmau's POV

"Aaaaannd, that's it." I sighed. Katelyn stared at me. "Can I go back now? I'm exhausted."

"So, what you're telling me is that he meant to hit Laurance?" She inquired.

"I'm not even supposed to be telling you this." I retorted. "But yes. And dumb me got in the way."

Her eyes narrowed at me. "I believe you.. But there's something you're not telling me."

"Maybe." I suggested.

"Start talking, bitch." She hit me with a pillow, making me scoff.

"Okay, okay." I sat up. "Promise you won't scream."

   "Promise."

    "Well.." I bit my lip. "Damn, you're going to kill me for not telling you earlier."

   "Spit it out!" She yelled.

     "He.. kind of asked me to be his girlfriend." I said quickly.

   She choked on nothing, erupting into a splutter of coughing. My eyebrows drew together as she instantly sat up, giving one last cough.

   "Rephrase that?"

   "He asked me to be his girlfriend." I said much slower. "A-and I said yes. A-are you okay with that?"

   "Am I okay with that?" She narrowed her eyes. "Am I okay with that?!"

   "I don't know!" I exclaimed. "That's why I'm asking you!"

   "Rhetorical question, you idiot." She broke out into a smile. "Aphmau, I'm so happy for you!"

   "Really?!" My eyes went wide. "I thought you'd be so pissed at me!"

   "I'm not." She smiled. "I love you, and I want to see you happy."

   "Aw, I love you too." I reached forward, wrapping my arms around her.

  The door to her room opened, making us both look over. Jeffory's face appeared around the corner.

  He looked said and tired for some reason. "Hey, ladies."

   "Hi!" I smiled.

    "Hey, Jeffory." Katelyn smiled, too. "How was Abby?"

   "She was the same goofy girl." He smiled weakly. "I... Don't think she knows."

"Knows about what?" My voice went quiet. "If you don't mind me asking."

Jeffory's eyes adverted to Katelyn, nodding to her.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to talk about it?" She asked, her eyes full of concern.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Okay." She looked at me. "When Jeffory's girlfriend got pregnant, they.. made a promise to each other that they would get married together. That was when they were around fifteen. When Jeffory's girlfriend went into labour, she had Abby, but.. unfortunately, she didn't make it. She survived over night, but the next day.." Her voice trailed off.

I felt tears in my eyes. "T-today marks that day?"

"Yeah.." Jeffory's voice was sad.

I got up, walking over to Jeffory and extending my arms. He smiled slightly, walking into them and hugging me.

I hugged back, patting his back lightly. "I'm so, so sorry. You don't deserve it. I'm positive that she was a great girl, and Abby will grow up to be just like her."