10

Aphmau's POV

"It's not what you think!" His eyes widened. "I-I wasn't in the women's room!"

"I know you weren't." I laughed, letting him pull me up. "I was just about to go in there."

"Thank god," he huffed. "There's a drinking fountain over there."

He pointed to a drinking fountain in front of the women's room. I smiled.

"Don't we have water with us?"

"Yeah, but I was thirsty and saw this one nearby."

His hand never left mine. They just remained held as we talked.

And I kind of liked it.

He eventually let go, making me frown on the inside. I don't know what he was doing to me, but it was intense and I wanted more.

Not in that way! God, even I have such a dirty mind.

"Uh, well, I'll see you back at the shore." I said, walking towards the bathroom backwards. "I'll be right back."

"Okay." He said, also backing up. He smiled. "See ya."

I smiled back and turned the corner, walking into the stall. I did my business and walked out, washing my hands before I walked to the shore

I watched the clouds move as I sat down on my towel, my sunglasses now over my eyes. It was a beautiful day here in California, and I didn't want it to go away.

I stretched my arms out, sighing. I wanted to get tan, I was looking pale. I never really got to the beach all summer, I was busy getting ready for college.

I shook my head and got up, walking to the shoreline. I smiled and waved when Katelyn waved to me from the water, trying to splash me.

"Travis, don't even--" Dante's familiar voice spoke from behind me.

A hand grazed my back, and I grabbed whoever's arm it was. I spun around and looked at him.

He had white hair and green eyes, and by the looks of it, he was surprised. I didn't know how to react, then I let his arm go and backed up.

"Woah, baby," he smirked.

"Dante.." I ignored the guy. "Who is this?"

Dante sighed. "This is my friend, Travis. He's a pervert."

I snorted. "No kidding."

"Feisty," he whispered. "I like it."

"Lord help me," I smiled. "I'm Aphmau."

"Travis."

"Hey, Aphmau!" Katelyn ran beside me, then looked at Travis. "Who's the pervert who tried to touch your butt?"

"You saw that?" Travis eyes widened. "Shit. I'm so dead."

"This is Travis." I raised an eyebrow. "Why are you 'so dead'?"

"One of those idiots," Travis pointed to Garroth and Laurance who were talking in the water, but Garroth was staring up at us. "Are bound to like you."

"Pfft, no!" I waved my hand.

"Pfft, yes!" He mocked me. "You're hot!"

"Didn't I just meet you like.. 1 minute ago?" I said.

"Travis gets too cocky sometimes." Dante rolled his eyes.

"Do not." Travis snorted. "You are so jealous of my good looks."

  "As if," Katelyn chimed in. Travis looked at her up and down, whistling.

   "Dang, girl!" He smirked. "You got it!"

   Katelyn took her fist and punched Travis's jaw, making him stumble back.

   "Ow!" He mumbled. "Nice punch."

    Katelyn just shook out her hand. "Pervert."

     I laughed, holding my stomach. "Don't mess with Katelyn."

    "I'll keep that in mind," he winked, wincing as he touched his jaw.

    "Travis?" Laurance asked, appearing behind me. "Jeez. It's been forever."

   "Hey!" He smiled. "It has!"

    "Don't get it twisted," Dante quickly interjected. "He's still as pervy as ever."

    "Pfft," Laurance said. "Sure."

"Hey, Travis." Garroth ran up, next to Laurance. He placed a hand on my shoulder, giving my chills. I pretended not to notice it. "How's it going?"

"Hi! It's good." He nodded.

"How do you interpret touching my butt as good?" I laughed. I could feel Garroth tense up.

"What?" Laurance laughed. Travis blew a piece of hair out of his face, crossing his arms.

"You are so disgusting." Dante shook his head. "Why am I friends with you?"

"Mm... You all are wet blankets." He rolled his eyes. "You guys don't know how to have fun."

"You don't know the definition of sexual harassment," Katelyn fired back. "Aphmau didn't even know you."

"But she would've, if you know what I mean." He winked. "Y'know, later--"

Garroth punched Travis in the shoulder forcefully, making him stagger back.

"Jeez! That's the second time I was punched today. You people have problems!" Travis groaned and touched his shoulder lightly.

"We have problems?" Garroth laughed. He was trying to cover up something; he wasn't acting normal. His hand was still in a fist, and he was tapping his foot.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to him when everyone started talking again. My eyes drifted to his hand still on my shoulder, but quickly went back to his.

"Yeah." He shook his head, swallowing. "You? I mean.. Are you okay with Travis doing that?"

"Well," I bit my lip. "Of course not. But he's just joking.. I think.. And it's not like I'm dating anyone, right?"

Wrong thing to say.

His hand fell off my shoulder, and he looked away from me. "Yeah. You're not."

"And you're not okay." I turned back to him. "Garroth, what--"

"Nothing, Aphmau." He looked at me, his eyes burning into mine. "It's nothing."

He turned and walked away to the beach, standing still as the water hit his feet.

"What's his problem?" Laurance asked, nudging me with his shoulder.

"I don't know." I sighed, shaking my head. "I don't know."