52

Two Years Later
  Aphmau

The class clapped, and I lifted my head, clapping along.

"What did I miss?" I whispered to Aaron. "I totally just crashed there."

"Yeah, I saw that." He smiled. "You didn't miss anything. The class is clapping because that idiot Gordon or whatever his name just fell over."

"Jordan?" I asked him.

"Right. That's his name." Aaron nodded.

   "Oh." I replied.

    "Class dismissed!" Mrs. Hale said. "I will see you all Monday!"

   We all got up, heading out of the door.

   "Hey, Aphmau, wait!" I heard Aaron yell as I was already halfway to my dorm.

  "Yes, Aaron?" I asked, turning around.

   "Are you okay? You've been really tired lately and you just seem.. down."

   I bit my lip. "It's nothing that I can't get over."

   "... Is it about Ro'meave?"

   "Maybe," my voice cracked as tears pooled in my eyes. "Look, I don't want to talk about it."

   "Aphmau, you can tell me. We've been friends for three years now."

   I froze.

   "We broke up." I whispered. "After three years, we broke up."

   "Woah!" Aaron exclaimed. "How long have you been broken up for?"

   "About two days," I swallowed. "And he hasn't been back to the dorm at all. He's taking this hard."

   "What happened?"

   I took a deep breath, and told him everything that happened.

"You mean to tell me that you had sex with her?!"

"Aphmau, it wasn't my fault, I--"

"You what?" I looked to him, my copper eyes now burning with an endless flame. "You what, Garroth?"

"I was drunk, and she was a chick at the bar. We didn't fuck, it was just.. I don't know! It was all a blur. My pants were kept on, though."

"Just what?" I hissed. "Garroth, what is 'just'? Because 'just' seems too far."

"Look. It happened literally a day ago, and I came and told you right away. It's not like I hid it from you. And I don't even know what happened. All I know it that I stormed out--"

  I didn't hear that part.

I was still silent as he looked away.

   I knew what I was going to do next, and I knew that I was going to regret it.

  I grabbed the promise ring off of my finger, sliding it off. I then walked up to Garroth.