31 So Close to Death

Start from the beginning

“I knew something was wrong” I said.

“Your husband is a strong man and never lets the ones he love down, don’t worry he won’t leave you that soon. You’ll have to wait for him to die at least minimum till he’s 90” He said and I slapped his chest.

Only Cam can make even the most serious situation lighter.

Slowly after that Mom, Dad and Pattie came over and all of them tried to keep me calm but it got worse as another hour passed by and he still hadn’t returned.

Cam squeezed my shoulder but I knew nothing would settle me than seeing him in one piece, alive and safe.

Justin

I sighed as Henry parked the car and I was finally home. My right arm was a little sore and it probably had bruises over it.

Gary, my bodyguard helped me out.

“Thanks for everything today Gary, you did a lot” I said.

“It was my duty sir, I’m glad we made it out safe” He said and I nodded.

I walked to the door and rang the doorbell while wondering how tensed Scar and Mama Jen would be. Today was the most horrific day of my life. I was so close to depart up to meet dad.

Seconds later, surprisingly, Brandon opened up the door.

“Mr.Lopez?” I said but he just pulled me into a tight hug.

“Whoa…” I mumbled.

“We’ve been so worried about you, thank god you made it safe” He said and then we walked in.

Mrs. Lopez, Mom, Cameron, Scar and Mama Jen were sitting on the couch with tensed expressions. All their faces lit up when they saw me.

I was expecting Scarlett to be the first one to come and hug me but instead she just sat there while tears brimmed in her eyes as everybody came and gave me hugs and asked me if I was alright.

“Are you hurt anywhere dear, are you okay?” Mom asked in a hurry but I assured her with a smile.

“I’m fine mom, I have a couple of bruises here and there but I’m okay” I said.

“Thank god…” She sighed.

“You scared me bro…” Cam said and patted my back.

When everyone stepped aside, I looked at Scar with a smile and opened my arms, motioning her to come and hug me because that’s the only thing that can relax me.

She sniffled and tried to wipe away the tears from her face and slowly walked to me. She paused a second in front of me and slightly touched the bruise on my forehead making me flinch and she revived her hand.
The tears made their way down her face again.

“Scar, my hands are paining, one is bruised too, can I get a hug already?” I said and she instantly gave me a tight hug and buried her face in my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her and that’s when I felt her shoulders shake and I knew she was crying.

“Scar…..I’m alright…” I said.

“That’s because you made it safe Justin…..do you have an idea of what would be my condition if something….something h-happened t-to you!?” She yelled in my chest.

“Don’t worry about that baby, I won’t leave that soon, I still want to become a dad and granddad before I die” I said and everyone laughed but she slapped my arm.

“I hate you” She mumbled.

“Mmm, I love you too” I said and kissed her head.

“But what exactly happened Justin?” Cam asked.

“The engine of the flight was faulty, it broke down in the middle of nowhere and when we checked, we found that some of the parts in the engine were missing” I said.

“So….that means this wasn’t an accident?” Mr. Lopez said and I nodded.

“Somebody did on purpose” I said.

“To kill you…” Cam put in another piece of this puzzle and Scarlett looked up at me.

“Who c-can it…why w-would they do this?” She said and I shrugged.

“We’ll see about that tomorrow, can we just sleep now? I’m tired” I said and she nodded.

“Mama Jen, please show everybody the way to the guest rooms” Scarlett said and she nodded.

We both went upstairs after saying good night everybody. I stripped to my boxers after getting inside our room and sat on the edge of the bed and Scar came to me with the first aid.

I winced when she dabbed the cotton on my shoulder bruise.

“Damn, I’m sore everywhere…” I mumbled and she kissed my forehead.

“I’m just glad that you’re safe, this was so sudden, I couldn’t handle” She said and I pulled her down and made her sit on my lap before connecting our foreheads.

“I was scared too, the plane was shaking and crashing everywhere and I had no guarantee that I’ll make it out of this, I could only think of you, I thought I won’t be able to see your face ever again, that was the worst moment I’ve ever experienced. The whole time, it was just you on my mind….” I said and she hugged me again.

“You will stay home until the culprit is found okay? You’re not even going to go to work, I’m not letting you out of this house” She said and I chuckled.

“Yes sir” I said.

I made her pull away a little so I could kiss her. Our lips moved in sync, slowly but passionately.

We pulled out after what felt like ages and I placed one last peck on her lips.

“At least no one interrupted this time…” I said when my phone started ringing just after.

“Hello?” I picked up the unknown number.

“Congrats boss, you made it safe this time, but I’ll be more careful next time” A very familiar voice said and hung up immediately.

I put down the phone and stared at Scar blankly.

“Who was it?” She asked.

“I-it’s…..it’s Samantha Scarlett, she’s the one who did this….” I said and her eyes widened.
----------------------------------------------------
Dun dun dun dun

Bet ya’ll thought Sam was gone ¿?

Nah to ah to the no no no

She’ll meet us again soon :)

Till then vote n comment

-Love, S