Ch.4 The Bully's

Sophie's P.O.V

(Monday)

I woke up wondering if Saturday night was a dream. I knew that it really happened, but it was hard to believe. Also I didn't understand where all this behaviour was coming from. He's hardly said a word to me the past few years, so why the sudden change of heart?

I threw my thoughts aside and checked what time it was. The clock read seven a.m., meaning I only had an hour to get ready for school, which was more than enough time. So I got out of bed and jumped in the shower, which was only a quick five minute one. After I got out, I quickly dried myself and put my underwear on. Then a pair of burgundy jeans, with a white cropped cami and picked out my red and white Jordan's.

After I had changed, I walked up to my vanity to do my make-up. It was quick, seeing as I only applied eyeliner and mascara. Then pulled my hair up into a ponytail, and added lip-gloss to finish up. I unplugged my phone from it's charger and called Charlotte.

She answered quickly, meaning she was most probably on it or leaving.

"Hey, are you ready?"

"Yeah, just putting my shoes on." She answered. "Also, I have to tell you something in the car."

"Okay, I'll meet you outside in five." I told her, then hung up.

I wonder what she wants to talk about? Hopefully nothing bad.

Honk! Honk!

I ran downstairs as I heard her car horn, and grabbed my keys. Then locked the house and got into Charlotte's car.

"Hey, what did you wanna talk about?" I asked, whilst putting my seat-belt on.

"You need to be careful today." She warned me.

"Why?" I asked, confused as to why.

"One of Harper's minions, caught you kissing Frankie Saturday night." She told me. "And as you'd expect, she isn't happy."

"How? It was on my doorstep!" I exclaimed, as I threw my head in my hands.

"One of them must have followed you, she most probably sent them. She's crazy when it comes to her ex's, she keeps tabs on like everything they do." She replied with a slight chuckle. "But don't worry. I have your back all the way. No one's laying a finger on my best friend, I assure you."

"Thanks. I don't know what I'd ever do without you." I faked a smile. I was attempting to cover up the worry that today could go really bad.

Ten minutes later and we pulled up in the school parking lot. As we were a few minutes late, due to traffic, there was hardly anyone out here. The only people that were here was, you guessed it, Frankie and the four assholes. We walked from the parking space towards the school. I turned my head to see a smirk on only four faces. Frankie looked slightly worried and I began to try and figure out why, until he approached me and pulled me aside.

"Hey, what's up?" I greeted. He still held worry on his face, whilst mine held confusion.

"Sophie, I'm sorry." He started. "I didn't know one kiss would cause this much shit. I wouldn't-"

"It's okay, calm down." I cut him off. "What's the worst she could do? Scratch me."

"Okay, I guess... As long as you're sure you're not mad at me." He gave a weak smile.

"Don't worry, I've got this."

---------------------------------------

It was now after school, an hour after actually. I was coming out of a detention I hadn't even deserved. I had gotten in trouble for swearing and shouting at Jack. But in my defence he was throwing pencils at me, which really hurt.

At the moment I was at my locker, putting my books inside. I felt a hand clutch onto a chunk of my hair, then slam my head into the locker next to mine. An intense pain shot through my head, causing me to inhale sharply. I turned around to see who was responsible for my now throbbing head. As I did, I was greeted by six faces with pissed off expressions. Directly in front of me stood a pissed off Harper, who looked like steam was about to start puffing from her ears at any second.

"I thought you knew to stay away from Frankie, or was you the only person not told?" She paused. "So stay the fuck away, because he's mine." She finished, then slammed my head into the cold, metal locker a second time.

"I didn't know you two still had something, I thought you broke up." I winced. I knew they had broken up ages ago for a fact, but right now I'd do anything to save myself from a beating. As well because I was highly out numbered.

"We did. But that isn't the point." She replied, then threw me to the ground, making me once again wince in pain. "The point is, you shouldn't touch what isn't yours!" She yelled. Then gave me a powerful kick, which forced me into the hard lockers with a loud bang. At this point I was already hurting, from my throbbing head to my now aching sides.

"Stay!"

Kick!

"The fuck!"

Kick!

"Away from him!" She shouted, whilst giving me the most powerful kick she had given me so far. The force from the kick threw me further against the lockers, creating a dent in most. Before I could recover or re-gain my breathing, she kicked me again. This time it was aimed at my jaw, which resulted in my lip popping and blood dripping from my mouth.

The worst part was I was weak against them. One I was highly outnumbered and two I didn't have any clue how to fight, not even the basics of self-defence. I was powerless against them, physically and mentally. Because I'm sure even if I did know how to fight, I'd be too humiliated to get up now.

Before I knew it I was flipped over on my back. As she did it with such force, little bits of blood from my mouth splattered over the lockers. But she didn't care, all she was fussed about was making her point clear. She then got down on top of me and started pounding my face.

My nose popped as she hit it. Blood started to pour and the flow synced up with my lips as I spat the blood out of my mouth. The pain was beginning to become un-bearable. After a numerous amount of punches and screaming from me, she finally got off.

It was over for a minute and I felt relieved. The feeling soon came to a stop when one of the girls kicked me in my side.

Crack!

"Ahh!" I screamed loudly. The pain was excruciating, my eyes bulged and my body got weaker by the second. I held on to my ribs tight as tears poured from my eyes, merging with the blood flow. I couldn't handle any more pain, it felt horrible. I knew I was near to passing out if I had to endure anymore.

The last words I heard from Harper was "Finish her off guys." Then she walked off, her heels clicking down the corridor. She left them to do her dirty work and I see why, they definitely finished the job.

They gave me a few more hits and kicks, then gave me a last blow to the face before leaving. I was in a pool of blood on the floor, beaten and battered. I lied on the floor curled up, drenched in my own blood.

After laying on the floor for some time, I managed to gain enough strength to stand. I wobbled as I got up and slowly reached for my phone, calling Charlotte straight away.

"Charlotte?" I winced.

"Sophie? Where are you? Why do you sound like you're in pain?" She panicked.

"I'm still in school and because she didn't just scratch me." I whispered, because it was too painful to talk. The pain made me return to the floor again and I winced as I hit the ground.

"Fuck, stay there. Where are you? I'm right around the corner from the school." She told me.

"I'm on the floor, besides my locker." I cried as the pain shot through me. Then we hung up and I waited for her to come to my rescue.

Not long after the phone call, she had me in her car and on the way to the hospital. She sped down the roads, and jumped red lights as she did.

"I hope you know they aren't getting away with this." She yelled, whilst gripping onto the steering wheel until her knuckles turned into a pale white colour.

"Charlotte, just leave it." I begged. "There was six of them, we couldn't have done anything."

"Fine, you couldn't do anything, but I will. They're stupid if they think they're getting away with it. I'm not letting it slide no more, this bullying has gone too far." She told me as we arrived.

She helped me out the car, towards the A&E ward. As I walked my vision started to get blurry, probably due to the major blood loss. I started swaying, then fell to the floor as darkness took over.

--------------------

I opened my eyes and wondered where I was. I was laying on a single bed, in an all-white room with machinery surrounding me. Pain shot through my ribs and my hand shot down to hold them. My head was throbbing, along with my nose and mouth. I ignored the pain as I attempted to figure out what was going on, because I honestly had no recollection of how I got here or sustained my injuries. I needed to find something to jog my memory, so I looked up to find Charlotte sat in a chair staring at me.

"Where am I?" I asked, my voice croaky.

"We're in the hospital sweetie. You got beaten up by Harper and the other pricks." She reminded me.

I went silent for a minute whilst I remembered the events of today. It was all coming back to me. The beating, blacking out and the unforgettable warning. Charlotte had warned me off Frankie before I blacked out, without realising it wasn't just him that wanted to hang out.

"Damage?" I questioned.

"Two broken ribs, split lip & nose? lip and nose. Luckily your nose just bled and didn't break. But apart from that a load of bruises." She told me.

"I knew-" I was cut off by someone yelling in the hallway. The noise was getting closer and louder, I immediately began to recognise.

"Where is she?" The boy shouted.

Me and Charlotte exchanged confused looks, then turned our heads towards the door. Through which Frankie and his followers burst through. He came straight to me and stood by my bedside.

"This is all my fault." He sighed as he looked down at me.

"It's not your fault, it's mine. I shouldn't have touched something that isn't mine." I stated as I squeezed his hand.

"I'm not owned by anyone." He pointed out. "Why didn't you fight back?"

I beckoned him towards me, nervous about telling him my reasons or his friends hearing. He lent his head to the side as I whispered in his ear. "Promise not to tell anyone?"

"I promise."

"I never learned how to fight." I gulped, knowing I looked like a total joke.

His head perked and then he lent down to whisper in my ear. "Well then, I guess we're going to have to teach you."

Wait, what?

We?

Who was we?

I was confused and he was aware of that. He looked behind him and nodded his head towards his boys, who seemed bored. Then returned the nod, as if they had spoken about it previously.

"Training starts when you're healed." He told me.