Ch.3 The Party

Sophie's P.O.V

"So Sophie... You going to Payton's party this weekend?" Charlotte asked.

"I don't know after what happened today, to be honest." I replied.

"What? With that jerk Charlie? Forget him, he ain't shit. Nor will he do shit. So let's go and have some fun."

"Okay Char, but on one condition." She nodded in response. "You have to say with me the whole night." I told her.

"If that's the only way to make you come. Then okay, I promise." She agreed. "Oh and we need to go shopping. Unless you want to go in trash bags?"

"I don't mind." I chuckled, and she joined in.

"Well I will see you after school then."

"See ya." I called out, as she walked away.

Brrrrrinnnggg

The school bell rang, indicating lunch was over. After waiting for the halls to clear for a few minutes, I made my way to my locker. Everybody was out of sight as I picked up my pace, until I reached the metal door. I opened it and started inserting my books. I was nearly finished, when I felt someone's presence beside me. So I closed it slightly, which revealed Frankie leaning against the one beside mine.

"What're you doing here?" I asked. "You know there's a risk you could be seen with me, unlike earlier, right?" 

"I don't care if I'm seen with you." He chuckled. "I was wondering if you was going to Payton's party Saturday?" He asked, scratching the back of his head. Like he was nervous or something.

Is Frankie really asking me out? He couldn't be. It would be a dream come true to most girls at this school, and I can't deny it, it would be for me too. Not that I'd let him know that, of course.

"Yeah. Why're you asking?" I questioned, attempting to play it cool.

"I was going to ask... If you wanted to come with me, maybe?" He replied.

He is really asking me out. But I'm going with Charlotte. I can't let her down, or I'd never live it down. Why can't things in life just fall into place? It always has to be complicated all the time.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I already told Charlotte I'd go with her." I stated while slamming my locker shut in frustration. It's not that I didn't want to go with her, a part of me just wanted to get to know him better.

"Oh, okay then. I'll just see you there." He said, before walking off.

I felt bad. One, because I had turned him down. Secondly, because he probably thought my answer had something to do with earlier today. Which I couldn't stop thinking about, or wishing it would happen again.

Frankie's P.O.V

I'm kind of mad at the fact she didn't want to go with me. It was obvious it was about the kiss earlier. I would've called it a mistake, if it hasn't been so amazing. I know I embarrassed her, but I didn't realise how much until now.  I had undoubtedly scared her off. Why am I such a dick? I couldn't have just kept my hands to myself. On the up-side, at-least I get to see her there.

--------------------------------------

Saturday

Saturday came around pretty fast. As we waited for the time to leave me, Charlie, Jack, Peter and Mickey were sitting on my couch, in my living room. The room wasn't too shabby considering my family was on the poorer side of this town. Most were earning millions, whilst we were barely managing the rent.

We owned a three seater cream, leather couch and a small coffee table, close enough to put your feet up. Not that Mum would allow it.  Then you have my favourite part, the forty two inch flat screen. It wasn't originally ours, but I liked it and wanted it, so it's mine now. To be honest, I've stolen most of the stuff I own. In my defence they shouldn't have made it so easy.

"So have you heard who's going tonight?" Charlie asked.

"Someone special, I'm guessing?" I answered.

"Not for you Frankie. It's your favourite person in the world, Harper." Charlie told me, sarcastically. "So you'd better be on your best behaviour."

I threw a couch cushion at him and the others, who somehow found it hilarious. Let me tell you about Harper. She's an amazing person, who isn't in the slightest out to ruin my life.

Wrong.

She's a psycho bitch. She's also my clingy ex, who still hasn't come to terms with out break up. Harper believes she is perfect because she resembles a Barbie doll. I admit it, she's hot, aside from the fact she is fake as fuck. She's around 5'6, with blonde dyed hair and green eyes. But with make up on you're not able to see her eyes, considering how much eyeliner she piles on. Also she wears heels so high that if she tripped over, I am positive she would break her neck. The worst part for me, was that she hated Sophie, for no reason at all.

"Frank, you alright? You look pissed." Jack asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just really don't want to see her there, she's so annoying. She hangs around me like flies around shit." I said, "And of course, I am the shit."

They all laughed in return, to what I said and so did I.

-----------------------------

Sophie's P.O.V