37.

Jack's P.O.V 

I saw his body fly through the air, and I ran to where it landed. Not caring about the flames that surrounded the area. Everyone followed behind and I sprinted ahead of them. Tripping and falling to the floor a few feet away from him. 

There was other injured and dead bodies around us, also from the blast. But I didn't give a fuck about them. I cared about my brother. Who's body was now burning in flames on the ground, whilst he laid there dead. 

Tears started falling from my eye's and I was stuck on the spot where I fell. Flashbacks from when I thought Frankie died filled my thoughts. The pain I felt was 10x worse, knowing that someone that was like a brother to me was actually dead this time. It felt like a part of me had gone with him. I couldn't bear it. The pain was horrible, unbearable. I couldn't take it anymore and I started screaming. 

"I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL SAM!" 

I slammed my fists on to the concrete, and blood started pouring from the teared skin.

"HE'S A DEAD MAN!" I cried. 

"Get up." Frankie said, reaching out his hand to me. "GET THE FUCK UP!" 

I reached for his hand and he pulled me up, then into a hug. I broke down in his arms, crying and felt empty without my closest friend besides me. 

"Jack." He said my name and I nodded. 

"He died saving me." A girls voice spoke. 

All four of us looked at her and saw her crying too. She was young and petite. She looked like she never belonged in the middle of this war. It was obvious why he saved her. 

I raised my arm and beckoned her towards me, an she did. But she looked scared, as if I was going to kill her on the spot. 

"Don't be scared. I'm not going to hurt you." I assured her, then pulled her into my arms. She looked surprised, but still continued to hug me. "Atleast my boy didn't die in vain right?" 

"We got to go." Frankie said. 

My rage grew stronger and I let go off the girl so I could face him. 

"What do you mean we got to fucking go!" I yelled at him. 

"Well I mean exactly what I said don't I?" 

"Are you serious!" I shouted and pushed him. "Our friend, Your cousin! Is over there dead on the ground. An you wanna just go! Have you finally reached that level of psychotic, that your cousin dies in front of you and you don't even care!" 

"It's not that I don't care. Don't you dare accuse me of not fucking caring!" He spat. "I have a girl and a kid. I'd rather if they didn't end up in the same fucking position! I don't want to see them burning in flames like him! So unlike you, i'm gonna save my crying for later. Because i'll probably have more to cry about then if I don't go save my family now!" 

I thought about his words and realised he was right. To him, his family was everything. The day he found out she was pregnant, something changed in him. But it was a good change. When we went to meetings he'd be more considerate with his money. Also when someone had done something to put our reputation on the line, he punished them lighter than usual. 

He needed this baby. He needed Sophie and that family dream they could have. I couldn't let him lose them as well as Peter. I wanted to stay, but I had to go. 

"Fine, lets-" 

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! 

His annoying ring tone rang and he looked at his phone confused.