"Hey, what?"

"You always shut down when I try to have a serious conversation with you."

"I don't always shut down, but I'm shutting you down right now because I don't want anything to get between your dick and my ass."

"That's-" Adam started to protest but he changed his mind. "Too bad."

"What?"

"I won't fuck you without a condom."

"Oh you're real funny," Cole snorted. "Alright, be cute. That's fine."

If the rest of the band was already back from breakfast, they magically didn't run into any of them getting to Cole's room at the hotel. Adam barely had time to notice that his stuff had been moved from the room he'd shared with Zack into the new room before Cole had him naked.

Just like every time before, Cole insisted they finish facing each other so he could kiss Adam. With every kiss, Adam remembered his conversation with Maddox about Cole's rules - no kissing. But Cole always wanted to kiss Adam.

"Fuck, I needed that," Cole moaned when he collapsed on the bed afterward. He dragged his fingers through the cum on his stomach and licked them clean. "I hate that I missed you so much."

"About that," Adam got up to throw out his condom. "If you want to keep doing this we have to be official."

"Official what?"

"Who's being funny now?"

"Really though," Cole rolled on his side, facing Adam. "What do you want? I haven't fucked anyone since you, I can keep that up."

"Good, I haven't either. I want us to be together, Cole. I know neither one of us has a whole heart to give, but we're pretty much going through all the motions already."

"You have to have the title, huh?" Cole sat up. He sighed. "I don't know, Adam. It doesn't seem fair to you to ask you to take on me and all of my mess."

"It's not like I don't come with my own mess."

"Everyone has their stuff, I know, but you don't know what you're asking for here."

"Then explain what we've been doing," Adam sat down. "I know you don't let guys in your bed and you can't stop kissing me even though that's a rule too. You gave me your number and you allegedly don't give that out so why are you treating me different?"

"Because you are different," Cole ran his hand through his hair. "I can't believe you talked to Dax about this."

"I had to know if I had a chance. I like you a lot more than I should and I know I'll probably just get what's left of my heart broken again by saying this but if you really won't be my boyfriend then just say that right now and I'll just be, I don't know, like a high-class hooker or something and you can pay me in pot."

"You could never just be a hooker, Adam."

"So..."

"So you really want to try this? And you're willing to take it public and everything? In front of Brent and Maddox and the rest of the world?"

"Yes, I do," Adam wished he felt anywhere near as confident as he sounded.

"Do your managers know you want to do this?"

"No, but they work for me, remember?"

"You are so not what I expected," Cole stood up. "Adam, I should say no, but for some reason I can't. I have no idea what it means or how to do it but if you want me to be your boyfriend then I will try."