Chapter 51

Desiree

It had been one of those days when I didn't feel like getting out of bed. I had been watching Mani play 2k for the longest.

Sierre was laying next to me while playing with my ear and sucking his thumb. He would stop and stare at me every couple minutes. I'd smile at him and he'd giggle. The process would keep repeating.

"You're so cute," I smiled at him. "I can't wait until you learn how to talk. We're gonna talk all day, everyday,"

The doorbell rang, Mani stood up and went to get the door.

Footsteps were coming towards our room, Mani soon came into view with a gun pointed at her head. Mani's face was red and her muscles were flexed. Her jaw was clenched.

"Tell the bitch to get the money," A man's voice said.

"What money are you talking bout nigga?" Mani barked,

"100 grand, and all your chains,"

Mani scoffed, "Hell nah,"

The man pistol whipped Mani, causing her to groan and double over while clutching her face.

"Bitch get the money," the man said to me.

"Can we not do this in front of my son," Mani said,

"Fine, put the baby up then get my fucking money." the man said.

Mani nodded towards Sierre, I grabbed him and took him to his room. I began looking through the closet for the duffle bag full of money Mani usually keeps.

While I was in there, I grabbed my pistol.

"Tell her hurry up," the man said to Mani.

"Fuck you nigga." Mani spat.

I heard the man cock his gun back, "Say it again," he said through gritted teeth.

"Fuck. You. Nigga," Mani spoke more slowly.

Just as he was about to shoot her, I shot him directly in his head. His body dropped and Mani immediately lifted the mask off the mans face.

I didn't know him, so I'm sure Mani didn't either. She sighed and stepped over the dead body to get to her phone. She called somebody to tell them to get the body.

"Niggas done lost they fucking mind," she mumbled while pulling a hoodie on. She went into the closet and soon came out with some Jordan's on.

"I'll be back,"

"Where you about to go?" I asked her,

"To handle some business," she leaned forward and kissed my lips. "I'll be back later tonight,"

I nodded, "I love you,"

"I love you too,"

"Be safe okay?" I called after her,

*

Armani

"That nigga had the audacity to come to my house. He pistol whipped me too," I said,

Ray looked like he was mad and Marcus was smoking a blunt. Khylan didn't come tonight, he claimed to have some business to take care of.

"Did you know that nigga?" Marcus asked,

"Hell nah I ain't know that nigga. I don't even know how he knew where I live." I said, "It's pissing me off cause it happened in front of Sierre,"

Ray shook his head, "We gon definitely figure this shit out man." he said.

I nodded and accepted the blunt Marcus passed me.