Chapter 36

Armani

When I woke up, I was still freezing cold and Desiree was nowhere in sight. I wiped sweat from my forehead.

"Why am I sweating?" I mumbled, I sat up and looked down at my chest, I'm soaked in sweat. I threw the covers off my body and stretched before getting up.

The door opened, catching me off guard. Desiree walked in holding a bag from McDonald's and more medicine.

"Lay back down," she ordered.

I laid down and watched as she approached me. She gave me the bag of food, but surprisingly, I wasn't hungry.

"At least eat some fruit," she said, I took the container of fruit and looked at it before eating a strawberry, then I put it down.

"Eat some more," she said,

She was opening the medicine bottle and measuring it. "Desiree, I don't wanna take any medicine,"

"You have a fever Mani," she said, putting her hand on my forehead.

"Now, take this," she said,

I took the small medicine cup from her and took it as if it was a shot. She gave me a 7up and I looked at her like she was crazy. I don't drink pop, she knows this.

"It should help with your stomach," she said,

I took the bottle from her and took a swallow before setting it down.

"Now, I'm about to go,"

"No, don't go," I said,

"I have to, Brennan is probably worried about me," she said.

"Who's gonna take care of me if you leave?" I asked her,

"You should've thought of that before you threw a pool party when it's cold as shit outside," she said.

"Where's the papers? You did get some more didn't you?" she asked me,

"What papers?" I asked,

"The divorce papers, don't play dumb Mani,"

I got up and picked the jeans I had on last night up. I got the paper out and looked at her, trying to see if she really wanted to do this.

"You don't have to sign them right now," I said,

She snatched the papers from me and got a pen from out her purse before signing her name on the dotted line. She gave the papers to me before turning to walk away.

I grabbed her arm, forcing her to turn around. "I'm sorry about what I said the other day. I was way out of line," I said,

"It's okay," she said,

"Are you sure?" I asked her,

She smiled before nodding, "Yeah,"

I let go of her arm before returning the smile and watching her leave.

I went back to my bed and laid down, just as I was getting comfortable Mr. Butler was calling me.

"Yeah?" I say,

"Have you got the signature yet?" he asked,

"Yeah, I just got it," I said.

But then I started thinking about our relationship, before it got bad. We were in love, I don't want to throw that away.

"Can I get a delay?" I asked,

"For how long?"

"4 to 5 months,"

"That's a long time," he said,

"I know, I just need time to think this all the way through," I said, biting my nails.

Stop doing that

Desiree would say, I chuckled before taking my hand away from my mouth.

"Okay Mani, I can't argue with that," he said.

"Preciate it," I mumbled.

*

Desiree

I didn't want to go back to the place me and Mani once shared. It would only remind me of her, and after today, I don't want to think of her ever again.

Brennan was standing in front of me with her arms folded over her chest. She sighed before pulling me into her by my waist.

"What's wrong?" Brennan asked me,

"Nothing, I'm good," I mumbled,

This has to be one of the hardest days of my life. Me and Mani are officially divorced.