Chapter 20

Armani

I was driving around in my coupe when I was cop lights in front of me. Yellow tape was up. I rolled my eyes and sighed knowing I was going to have to take another route.

I was about to turn around until I saw a little girl laying there in the street, she looked like Zion.

I got out my car and jogged over to the area where Zion was laying, I pushed the cop out the way and bent down so I could get a better look at her.

She was laying there smiling at me, while I stared down at her, confused as to how she was alive.

She grabbed my hand before sitting up and wrapping her arms around my neck. "Why aren't you smiling Mani?" she said, "We're in a better place now,"

I tried to open my eyes, but to no avail. I felt like I was paralysed. My head was throbbing and I know I have a fever.

My hand began shaking and I could hear Desiree's voice, along with a doctor. Then I felt hands on me, "Armani, you're at the hospital, you over dosed off multiple pills, mainly Percocet," I'm guessing a doctor said,

"Do something, she's dying," Desiree cried.

"Don't cry," I whispered, everything went black.

*

Desiree

When the machine started beeping rapidly, I knew it meant Mani was no longer alive. I didn't want to believe it though.

More doctors came in and surrounded Mani.

"Ma'am, you're going to have to leave," the doctor said.

I didn't say anything, I was too shocked to move. I turned around and left the room while tears blurred my vision.

I bumped into something, I didn't look up. I kept my gaze on somebody's chest. "Desiree? What's wrong?" I heard Danny's voice.

"She didn't wake up," I cried, burying my face in her chest.

"So she's dead?" Danny asked, I didn't say anything,

"Desiree? Is she dead?" she asked me,

"I don't know, the machine started beeping, that normally means death," I cried,

"Damn" Danny mumbled, holding me tighter.

I can't live without Mani, I need her. Just the thought of being without her makes me want to go and kill myself. We were supposed to get married, she's my everything. My first kiss, my first love, my first relationship, my first time was with her. I need her here with me.

I just want to lay in her arms and listen to her voice while I try and fall asleep. But I know that won't happen,

A doctor came out holding a clipboard with a look of sympathy on his face. "Is she dead?" I asked him,

"No, in fact, we don't know. Her heart beat keeps stopping, then starting again. You guys have been here all day, why don't you all go home and get some rest. We'll have the results ready for you all tomorrow," the doctor said,

Danny released me from her arms and grabbed my hand. "I'll walk you to your car," she said.

"I didn't drive, could you take me to Mani's," I said, without looking at her.

"Yeah,"

*

We pulled up outside Mani's house, "If you need me, call, I'm here for you," she said,

"Thanks," I mumbled before getting out the car.

I got inside and went straight to the room, I searched her closet for something of hers to wear. I settled for one of her hoodies, and a pair of her boxers before laying down on her side of the bed.

It smelled just like her cologne and shampoo.

I miss her, I looked at my phone that was laying next to me and picked it up before looking through all the pictures of us. Then I looked through our videos and smiled at the one we were kissing in. I watched another one she was talking in just so I could hear her voice.

I was laying on her chest and she was rubbing my butt while kissing on my neck. I truly miss her right now.

Next, I looked through all our messages. From when we first started talking to now. Even when we weren't together, we still acted as if we were. We would stay up all night and talk about everything,

Some nights she would talk about sex, and I would giggle and blush like a schoolgirl. I remember when she told me she wanted to be my first,

Then I thought about the first time we did it, how nervous she was. The first time she told me she loved me.

All the talks we would have about my insecurities. Her kisses. Mani's kisses are so addictive, everything about Mani is addictive.

She's my drug, if I'm without her for too long I'd die.