Chapter 17

Desiree

We were now in her room, laying on the bed with the lights off talking. She was laying on my bare stomach, tracing circles on my stomach.

"Before my mom got hooked on that shit. She used to do everything for me and my brother. She made sure we were fed, had clothes, shoes, the bills were paid. Then one day all that shit stopped. She stopped taking care of us and herself. She was a beautiful woman, had beautiful long hair and facial features.

We always used to go to church, have sunday dinner at Granny's house." she said.

"I remember when I was 9, I got in trouble with the police for the first time because I was stealing candy from the corner store. Then it was food cause she stopped cooking, then it was packs of backwoods. After that, the police was fed up with me and I got sent to juvie.

My dad came to get me after 2 weeks, then he started showing me the ropes of drug dealing. 2 years later, he killed my moms and got sent to jail. Right after all that went down I killed my brother. He was the first body I'd ever caught. That's a fucking shame. I had so much on my mind that night, but my Granny always told me that everything happens for a reason. She said it was either him or me and that I had to pick me over anybody cause that's all I have."

"Your Granny was a smart woman," I said.

"Thanks," she said.

Nothing was said for a few minutes, I was on my way to sleep until she said, "Tell me something,"

"Tell you what?" I said,

I don't have any fucked up stories about my family because mom and Busta always made sure me and Ray were good. They've always been there for us, still to this day they are. I couldn't imagine living the way Mani had to. She's strong for dealing with it instead of running away.

"What kind of stuff do you think about, what makes you happy?" she asked me,

I had to actually think back to the past but I didn't come up with anything. I'm young, I haven't got to experience happiness yet.

"I don't really know yet," I said,

I could feel her nod since her head was on my stomach.

"I don't either," she said.

"Of course you don't, you still a lil baby," I teased.

She smacked her lips, "Here you go with this,"

I pinched her little cheeks while cooing, "Little baby,"

She grabbed my hands and told me to stop playing. But I wanted to play.

She was no longer laying on my stomach, she was hovering over me. My legs wrapped around her waist and she placed both her hands on each side of me.

"Bruh.. Stop playing," she said, "Gimme a kiss," I said.

"Nope," she rolled off me and I turned so we were face to face.

"No? Nigga you better give me a kiss," I demanded,

She chuckled, "Nah,"

"Yes"

"Nah"

"Armani Sierre Gonzalez" I said,

"Desiree Lynn James," she smirked, copying my tone.

"Gimme a kiss before we fight," I said,

"Square up then lil bruh," she said, getting off the bed. I got off the bed and squared up, we were play fighting for a grip until I accidentally hit her in her face.

"Bruh what the fuck Desiree," she said holding the side of her face while walking to the bathroom. I followed behind her and turned the light on.

Her lip was leaking blood, "I'm so sorry, it was a accident," I said, I grabbed a towel and put water on it. I gently dapped at her lip but she pulled back and hissed.

"I got it," she said, taking the towel away from me. I felt bad, cause I hit her really hard.

"Bae I'm sorry," I said,

She was looking at herself in the mirror, she put the towel down and averted her eyes to me. I wrapped my arms around her lower back,

"I'm coo bae, get off me," she basically threw me to other side of the bathroom.

"Armani," I called,

"What," she responded.

"Your still mad," I stated.

"Why you hit me so hard? You busted my lip," she said.

"I'm sorry," I said,

"Aight" she said,

"Baby I said I was sorry,"

"And I said, aight,"

"Stop being a lil bitch," I said.

She walked away from and couldn't find anything else to say but, "I'll eat your pussy if you stop being a bitch,"

She turned around, "Aight"

"Say you forgive me first," I said,

"I forgive you," she said.

I smiled, "Tell mami how much you love her," I said,

"I love you more than anything," she said before kissing me.

I'd never forget those words she just said.