Chapter 50

Desiree

While Mani was at home chilling, I went to go get Sierre.

As soon as I walked in he was sitting there with a piece of candy in his hands. He has hair like Mani's, only it's in a fro. He has my eyes, but Mani's facial features. He's Mani's twin.

"What are you doing with this? You don't even have teeth yet," I say before taking the piece of candy from him. He pouted and started squirming in my arms.

"Sierre," I said in a stern voice. He looked at me for a brief second before he started crying.

"Stop it," I said, "You can't eat this yet," I said.

I put him down and watched him run away.

"So dramatic," I mumbled while shaking my voice.

I went to say hello to my mom and Busta before gathering all of Sierre's things and leaving.

The whole ride back home he was doing shit that annoyed me. He kept making noises and it was pissing me off. "Sierre if you don't chill out imma beat yo lil ass,"

He made the sound again, I swear if he was a little older than what he is now, I would've hit him.

"Bad ass," I mumble as we pulled up in front of the mansion.

My brothers cars were all parked outside, I smiled. I missed them.

I got out and opened the door in the back to get Sierre. I helped him out the car before grabbing his diaper bag and slinging it over my shoulder.

When Sierre reached the door, he turned to look at me while tapping the door. I smiled, "You rushing me?"

I opened the door and watched him run directly to Mani. She was smoking a blunt, but when Sierre got close to her she quickly passed it to Marcus.

I closed the door behind me and went into the living room. "I missed you Desi," Ray cooed.

I smiled, "I missed you too,"

I stayed and talked to them for a little while before I went in the kitchen to start on dinner. Even though Mani hates seafood, I wanted crab tonight. I made enough for every one.

For Mani, I made her some tacos. She was leaning against the counter while staring at me.

"What Mani?"

"You seem stressed, are you coo?" she asked me,

"I'm good,"

She approached me and wrapped her arms around my lower waist. She kissed on my neck and lifted me onto the counter.

"Mani, be careful. You'll split your stitches again," I said,

She leaned forward and kissed my lips, "I gotta leave again,"

"No, you aren't going anywhere." I said,

"There's money to be made and bills to pay. I can't stay home all day, everyday. I gotta get this money girl,"

"You're saying that like you're broke or something. We're set for life, I don't even know why you continue to do this,"

"It gives me a adrenaline rush. I love doing this, I could never get tired of it,"

"You don't get tired of dodging bullets and wondering if you're gonna get locked up,"

Mani rested her hand on the top of the countertop, "Nah, you should know that I really don't give a fuck bout going to jail. It is what it is,"