Chapter 27

Desiree

I was laying in bed watching Mani get dressed. She's so skinny, bless her lil heart. I don't want her to leave, but somehow she convinced me she had to.

I don't even remember what it was that she said. But I was like fuck it, just go. Only I wasn't mad, I was pretty calm.

"Do you have to go in that?" I asked her,

"Baby... It's just Tommy Hilfiger sweatpants and the jacket," I said,

"Whatever" I mumbled, "Why are you leaving anyway?"

"Didn't I just tell you I had to go make this money? You want the lights to be on right?" she said,

"No" I said with a attitude.

She chuckled, "Fine, I'll get them shits turned off then"

I didn't know what to say back to that, so I said, "You want your child to be in the dark?"

She turned around with a facial expression that made me want to laugh. "You said you don't want the lights on, so I'll turn em off for you," she said, putting her shoes on.

"Mani don't turn the fucking lights off," I threw the covers off my body and followed her to the kitchen. She moved a picture out the way before opening the fuse box and turning the lights off.

"Turn the lights back on Mani" I said, grabbing her by her jacket. I pushed her against the wall and placed my hands on her chest, our lips only centimeters apart.

"No" she whispered against my lips. "Gimme a kiss" I said, attempting to peck her lips but she moved and the kiss landed on her cheek.

"Stop saying no to me" I said, I threw something at her before turning to walk away. She grabbed my arm, pulling me back to her.

"Stop telling me what to do" she said,

"Let me go before I slap you," I threatened.

Her grip around my arm tightened and when I attempted to slap her she grabbed my arm and gently pushed me against the wall.

"Stop trynna hit me all the time," she said,

"Stop being a asshole and I wouldn't have to," I retorted, 

"How am I being a asshole?" she said, letting go of my arm and leaning against the granite counter top.

"Can you turn the lights back on Mani?" I said,

"Why? You said you wanted to sit in the dark,"

I know what I said, I don't need her to repeat it. But, since I'm not getting my way with her I guess I'll have to pull the cry baby act.

My eyes began watering and tears escaped my eyes, but of course she can't see them because it's dark in here. So I had to make the sounds.

"What the fuck man? Why are you crying? I'm giving you what you want" she said,

"No you're not" I cried, "I want you to stay here with me,"

"I can't" she responded,

"Yes the fuck you can, you're about to," I said,

"No I'm not" she said,

I chuckled, "I will really beat your stupid ass up if you don't listen to me,"

"Shut yo cry baby ass up," she said, pressing buttons on the fuse button box thing.

"Right, cause you know I will really beat yo ass" I teased,