Chapter 11

Desiree

I woke up feeling good. I was really happy for no reason. I slipped on my bra and panties before going into the kitchen. I opened the cabinets and got the ingredients to make crack.

I felt arms wrap around my waist, I turned around and looked up into Mani's chocolate brown eyes. She smiled and pecked my lips.

"I thought you was doing the dishes or something," she opened the cabinet and grabbed some baggies.

As I was cooking it she was bagging it. When we finished we took separate showers and did our hygiene to start our day.

*

I was holding my glock .40 while bopping my head to Young Thugs "Drippin"

Mani was rapping the lyrics while loading her 9mm on the hood of the car.

Mani hopped off the hood of the car and approached me with a blunt hanging from her lips. "You got a lighter?" she asked,

"Nah, just walk to the corner store and get one." I said,

"Ight, imma be right back so don't go nowhere," she saidm before walking away.

I opened the door to Mani's car and tossed my pistol on the seat.

I was posted in front of the car when a junkie approached me begging for some cocaine. I hated the fact that this was somebody's mom, grandma, sister, cousin, etc. But a bitch gotta eat. I couldn't give a fuck about serving a bass head if I tried. I learned a long time ago that bass heads aren't even considered people. Me and Ray call em zombies cause they brain dead. The only thing on they mind is drugs. They don't give a shit about their family or life so why should I? It's sad to say that I don't give a single fuck about nothing but my family and Mani of course.

When I got sent to juvie for the first time when I was 12, Busta told me not to ever give a fuck about anything. Especially not the fucking police. She told me that when I'm working to turn my emotions off and to never spare anybody because that person could retaliate in the worst way.

Hearing sirens broke me out of my thoughts, I looked up to see a police officer standing there. "Armani Gonzalez? You know her?" He asked.

I didn't say anything. I simply stared at him. I took my phone out my purse and shot Mani a quick text telling her not to come back right now.

"I'm talking to you," the officer said, walking towards me. "Give me your phone," he demanded.

"Fuck you," I spat. He chuckled and nodded, "You must think I'm fucking around," he laughed.

"I'm just trynna go home and mind my business. Something you should be doing," I said.

"But I'm here.. In your business so shut the fuck up," he barked. I rolled my eyes and stared straight ahead while he threatened to call for back up an shit. I'm 5'5", what the fuck am I gon do to his tall ass?

"Imma ask you one more time, where is Armani Gonzalez?"

"I just told you, I don't know," I said, getting highkey annoyed.

"Yeah.. Okay," he said. "I'll be seeing you around," he smirked before getting in his car.

*

"Mani, why the fuck do you have the police after you?" I yelled, she was sitting at the table with her head in her hands. Her pistol sat in front of her.

"It was something I did a little while ago," she said.

"What did you do?" I asked,

"I killed my brother and I think they found the evidence," she said.

I looked at her with a confused facial expression. "Your talking like I know what the evidence was,"

"You know I spit every time I'm outside," she said. "I spit somewhere next to his dead body and I think that's how they identified me,"

I put my head in my hands and sighed, as if this was me. But this is Mani, my baby, my everything.

"I don't know what the fuck to do," she said, looking up from the table. "I really don't know what I'm gon do," she said.

It was clear that she's over there losing her mind. "I don't even know how much time I got before they lock me up," she said.

"Calm down papi, okay? Don't even worry about them right now. Just keep working hard, okay?" I say, with hopes she would smile.

"Your not worried about me going away for a long time?" she asked,

"Nah," I shrugged, "Cause if you leave, I'll be here holding you down. Imma visit you every chance I have, believe that,"

She smiled and said, "Damn I love you"

I kissed her, "And I love you more,"