Chapter 5

Desiree

I basically dragged myself out of bed when little Sierre's cries sounded. This was so tiring and the fact that Mani isn't here makes it harder. She was here when I went to sleep, but now she's gone. I don't know where she is.

I got him out of his crib and cradled him before gently patting his back with hopes he would go back to sleep. But his cries were only getting louder. I sighed and went into the kitchen and got his bottle out of the refrigerator. I got myself a Gatorade before going into the room and laying him down beside me. I got on my phone to text Mani while holding his bottle for him.
After he drank half of his bottle he was sound asleep and Mani was just getting in. I watched her remove her pistol from her jeans and set it on the dresser.

"I had to handle something," she said, walking over to the side of the bed Sierre was sleeping at. "How long he been sleep?" she asked me,

"He just went to sleep," I said, getting up. "I need to talk to you," I said,

She nodded before following me into the living room.

"This is strictly co-parenting, okay? So don't try anything," I said,

"Why not? I want my wife back," she whined,

"You don't deserve me right now. Until I feel like you've gotten better, this is how shit will be between us," I said,

"I want you and Sierre to move in with me," she said,

"Did you not just hear what I said?"

"Yeah, I heard you and I agree with it. My place is bigger, and I'd get to see Sierre more," she said,

"But I don't feel like moving anything," I said,

"I'll pay somebody to do it," she shrugged,

"I won't try no shit, I understand where we stand and I respect it," she said,

"Okay," I said,

"Alright, so.. Get some sleep, I'll be back by the time you wake up," she said,

"Are you taking Sierre with you?" I asked her,

"Nah, but I can if you want me to,"

"Please?" I said,

She nodded and brushed past me to get Sierre. I glanced at the time and saw it was only 4 in the morning, I went back into the room and kissed Sierre goodbye then I waited for Mani to leave so I could take my clothes off and sleep peacefully.

But I got hungry and I don't feel like cooking. Fuck it, I guess I'll starve then cause I really don't feel like getting up.

Armani

I looked at Sierre who was already looking at me with those gorgeous eyes he inherited from Desiree. He's definitely gon be a heart breaker when he gets older. He's way too cute for him not to be.

I just hope he doesn't grow up and start hitting bitches, or talking to em any kind of way. Because I certainly didn't mean to do it to Desiree. She's my everything, I love that girl to death.

She's all I ever wanted, and I'll be damned if I have to lose her to some bullshit. So today, imma go talk to some therapist cause I hate feeling like this.

"Sierre" I said, smiling at him. He looked around as if he didn't know who I was talking to.

"I'm talking to you," I said, he made a noise that made me laugh.

"I'm sleepy, so imma go to sleep ight? When I wake up, we got somewhere to be," I said, picking him up and placing him on my chest. I kissed his forehead before closing my eyes, letting sleep take over my body.