Chapter 8

2 months later
Desiree

I was watching Mani sleep, her mouth slightly ajar and her chest moving up and down slowly.

She hasn't slept in 3 days due to all the work we've been having to do. I kissed her forehead before walking to the kitchen to make breakfast.

When I finished cooking, she was up and fully dressed in a polo ralph lauren sweatsuit.

I slid her plate towards her and watched as her whole facial expression changed into a smile.

I make her happy.

"How you feeling?" I asked,

"Better" she responded, picking up her fork. I sat across from her, watching her eat.

"I was talking to Ray and Khylan about everything that's going down. They think it's a set up," she said. like always I used a napkin to dab at the corners of her mouth and handed her the tall glass of orange juice.

"I gotta be smart about this shit but I don't know what to do," she said more to herself than me.

"You'll figure it out," I say, she sighed and looked at me.

"Thank you for breakfast," she pecked my lips twice.

"I'll be back later tonight," she said, getting up.

"Later tonight?" I said, "I haven't saw you in 3 days, you eat breakfast, then you tell me your leaving again?"

"I got business to handle," she said, turning around to look at me.

I rolled my eyes and stormed off to her room to gather my things. She got me fucked up if she thinks imma stay here by myself with nothing to do.

I had a lot of clothes over there, too much for me to carry so I left them in there. She was sitting on the couch with her head in her hands while her elbows rested on her knees.

"Where you going mami?" she said, looking at me with tired eyes.

"Home since you don't got time for me," I said with a attitude.

"I never said that," she said.

"But that's what your showing me,"

She didn't say anything, she just stared straight ahead at the wall.

"I got plenty time for you, I'm just busy trynna figure everything out.. You should understand that,"

She's right, she & I are both in the streets I know she can't be with me all the time and vice versa.

"So stay here an I'll be back in a couple hours," she said.

"I don't wanna be here alone," I pouted.

"Go to the mall, get your nails done or something. Then come back and I'll be here, okay?" She said, she took the bags from me and put them in the room.

"Be safe," I said, standing on my tippy toes to kiss her.

"You too," she responded before leaving.

*

After I finished shopping and getting my nails done there was nothing for me to do but go back to Mani's house.

I put my bags in the backseat of my Jeep but had to turn around because I heard somebody trying to get my attention.

"What's ya name ma," a stud asked. She wasn't ugly nor was she cute. At least be fine as fuck if you gon approach me.

"I don't have one," I responded.

"How you not have a name?" she laughed, "Oh, you must got a girlfriend or something,"