Chapter 43

Armani

I've been having good days, I been so happy lately, just because I got my girl back.

I know I can't be fucking up, especially not after she left her wedding for me. These past couple of days me, Desiree, and Sierre haven't been doing anything. Just sitting in this big ass mansion and watching cartoons.

But, today hasn't been a good day for me. I have a feeling some shit is gon go down today, and I'm 100 percent ready, I just bought some new guns.

I looked over at Desiree and Sierre, they were laughing at something.

"What's wrong?" Desiree asked me,

"Nothing, I just have a weird feeling about today," I admitted.

She nodded before saying, "I'm about to meet up with Brennan, is that coo?"

"No,"

"You said I should talk to her," Desiree said,

"I know," I mumbled, "You can go, I guess,"

"If you don't want me to go, I won't." she said,

I didn't say anything.

"You don't want me to go?" she asked,

I shook my head, "I'll just tell her to slide," she said,

I nodded, "Imma get dressed, I got some things to do,"

"Mani, you said you would stop going to work so much," Desiree whined,

"I know, but I don't want to be around when Brennan gets here," I admitted,

"Why not?"

"Because I just don't want to," I said, getting up from the couch.

*

Desiree

Mani left hours ago and Brennan was supposed to be on the way, but she told me to meet her at her job. I never really knew what Brennan does, I just know she gets paid a lot.

I put the address in my GPS and drove there. But, I pulled up outside the police station.

She's a cop?

I didn't want to get out the car, but I have to see what this is about. I took a deep breath and grabbed my Chanel bag then went inside.

Brennan caught my eye almost immediately, she didn't have the police uniform on but I could tell by the badge she had, that she was definitely a cop.

Thank god I haven't done any dirt lately.

She signaled for me to follow her, so I did.

"What the fuck Brennan?" I put my purse on the table and sat back in my seat.

Brennan rolled her eyes, "Look, this ain't got shit to do with you. This about Mani,"

"So you were using me to get info about Mani?"

She sighed, "At first.. Yeah. But then I fell in love with you,"

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever." I looked at my freshly manicured nails then back at her, "What do you want?"

"You aware that Mani has killed over 20 people right?" Brennan said,

I didn't say anything.

"Well, she recently attempted to kill a lady," she said.

"What the fuck does that have to do with me?"

"Talk her into telling the truth,"

"I'm not doing shit,"

"Desiree stop making this shit hard for me,"

"Fuck you Brennan,"

Her face softened, "Desiree, I hate to be the one to tell you this.. But, one of you is getting locked up, we have dirt on you too. I'm giving you a choice. You can give us what we need on Mani, or you'll be in jail," she said.

Telling on Mani is something I'm never gonna do. I'm down for Mani, catching this case ain't shit. I'll do the time without thinking twice.

"Lock me up then," I said,

"You wanna do 7 years for the same nigga that constantly disrespects you?" she scoffed,

The same nigga that's had my heart since I was 20.

When I didn't say anything, she shook her head. "You'll have to turn yourself in at 9 tomorrow," Brennan said.

*

When I got home all I was spend time with Sierre. I'll miss him so much when I'm gone.

Mani sat across from me, she looked like she was reading me. I looked away.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing," I responded without looking at her.

"Desiree, tell me what's going on," she said.

I got up with Sierre in my arms, since he was asleep I put him down in his bed then I returned to the living room where Mani was.

I didn't know how to say this,

"Brennan works with the feds," I said,

"What does that have to do with us?" she asked, sitting up.

"She wanted me to give her some information about you, and I didn't do it.. So now....."

"So now, what?"

"So.. I have to go--"

"Why did you do that, after I told you I would be the one to go. I swear you don't listen," she said, slightly raising her voice.

"Why are you mad?"

"Because you're leaving me, and Sierre. I can't do this on my own. I need you,"

"Stop saying that.. You'll be fine,"

I got up and sat next to her, "I promise everything will be okay,"