Chapter 49

Calum's pov

A month later...

"Let's go for some walkies!" I smiled, putting Squid's lead on his collar.

"You ready to go?" Megan questioned, coming into the living room with Emma.

"Yeah, let's go!" I smiled.

We walked to the park, one of my hand was in Megan's and the other was holding the lead for Squid as he ran ahead. He had grown a lot within the last month. Megan was pushing Emma's pram.

"I'm happy that we get to do things like this as a family," I smiled.

"Me too, I love going on days out with us all," she replied.

"I just hope there's not a lot of paparazzi out today. We should be left alone. There may be a few fans, but you don't mind that, do you?" I questioned.

"No, not at all!" She replied.

"Good, let's find somewhere to sit," I smiled. We found a nice place to sit on the grass.

"Hey Calum," a girl said, walking up to us.

"Hello," I smiled.

"I love you so much," she smiled.

"Aw, thanks. I love you too!" I replied.

"Can I get a picture?" She asked.

"Of course," I smiled. I stood up and took a picture with her.

"Is that your dog?" She asked.

"Yeah, isn't he cute?" I smiled.

"Yeah, he's so cute. Thanks for talking to me," she replied.

"It's okay. Have a nice day!" I answered, hugging her.

"You too," she smiled, walking away.

"She was sweet," Megan grinned.

"Yeah, most of them are," I replied, playing with Emma.

"Dada," she smiled.

"Yeah, princess?" I questioned. She pointed to the crisps which were in the pram.

"Are you hungry?" I asked.

"Ye," she smiled.

I opened the crisps and handed them to her. She was beginning to be able to speak a lot more now and it was so funny to have little conversations with her. She also liked to sit with Squid and play with his fur. Soon she would be able to walk and that's a scary thought to me.

"How's the song writing coming along?" Megan asked.

"Good, I think. It's hard to find inspiration sometimes but I think it's going alright at the moment," I explained.

"Do you have any shows planned?" She asked.

"I think we might go to the uk for 3 days and play some shows and then come home but nothing big has been planned," I explained.

"Oh right," she replied.

"To be honest, whilst I'm not touring, it's nice to meet fans and stuff because they won't get much of an opportunity and I still want them to know I care" I explained.

"I know, I understand. I love it when you meet fans. They all get so happy and it's amazing to watch!" She smiled.

"Yeah, I agree," I replied. We sat in the sun for a while, playing with Squid and Emma.

"Who wants an ice cream?" I questioned.

"Me, please!" Megan smiled.

"Do you want an ice cream, princess?" I said to Emma. She nodded and I took her with me to choose one. I met some fans on the way there and then I bought three ice creams and brought them back to Megan.

"Thank you!" Megan smiled.

"Your welcome," I replied, licking my ice cream and Megan helped Emma with hers.

We walked home after that and Emma fell asleep.

"Ashton is coming round later to work on some songs with me," I explained to Megan.

"Alright, that's fine," she sighed.

"You think I'm going to forget about cuddle time, don't you? Don't worry, he will leave before it gets late, then we shall have cuddle time," I explained. Megan and I have come up with an idea of cuddle time to relax ourselves. When I'm working, it can get stressful sometimes, especially when I'm writing and sometimes Megan gets stressed for her own personal reasons too so we've agreed, each night before we go to bed, we shall have cuddle time where we can just relax together and forget about everything.

"I know. Don't rush anything though. It'll just get you more stressed," she smiled.

"I won't," I replied.

"Good, have fun," she said.

Ash came round and we began to work on a few songs. We ordered pizza whilst we worked and he stayed for around 2 hours before going home.

"Babe, you want to go upstairs and have some cuddle time now?" I questioned.

"Yeah," she smiled.

"Okay, I'll meet you up there," I replied.

I locked up the house and grabbed some water. I said goodnight to Squid and put him in his bed.

"Hey," I smiled, taking off my jeans and top.

"Hi Cal," she replied, as I got into bed next to her. She rested her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her.

"How was writing?" She asked.

"It went well. It's hard to get inspiration sometimes and create the best lyrics but we're getting there," I explained.

"That's good. I'm sure it's going to be amazing!" She replied.

"Yeah, what did you do this evening?" I asked.

"Um, I just played with Squid, watched a few films and sat on Twitter," she answered.

"Anything interesting happening on Twitter?" I asked.

"Not really. There a few pictures of us from the park today. Some fans creating drama, like usual," she explained.

"Oh right. I hate not being with you in the evening. I don't like it when you're alone," I frowned.

"It's okay. You are working. Your not on break anymore so you have to actually work sometimes," she smiled.

"I know. Are you excited for our pool to be finished tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's going to be amazing. I bought Emma some armbands and rubber rings! I'm so excited to be able to relax in it," she explained.

"Yeah, me too. I have an acoustic show at 12  and an interview afterwards but I should be finished by 3 so I can come in the pool with you," I explained.

"Alright, that's okay," she replied.

We both ended up falling asleep soon after this.

---

A/N

I'm finding it hard atm to move the story along as I have a plan in my head of what I want to happen but I just don't know how to get the story there as its further in time and I don't want to skip loads of time.