Chapter 24

Calum's pov

"Keep pushing, she's nearly here!" One of the doctors said.

I held Megan's hand as she tried to get our little girl out. She squeezed it tight but there was no comparison to the pain she was in right now. I could see her sweating and nearly in tears.

"Come on babe, you can do it," I encouraged, as she pushed again.

"Okay, just one more time," the doctor said.

Megan took a deep breath and did as she was told.

I saw the doctor smile and pull out a baby.

"Oh my god," I muttered.

Megan then began to cry and I was very close. The baby was cleaned up and was handed to Megan.

"She's so beautiful, isn't she?" I smiled.

"Yeah, that was so worth it," she replied. I kissed Megan's forehead after wiping away her sweat.

The baby had to be taken for a few minutes to make sure everything was okay with her.

"She's so small," I said.

"I know, she's cute," Megan smiled.

The baby was soon passed back, being told everything was perfect. We changed her into a little outfit that we brought her. It was pink and had a little giraffe on it.

"So, the baby is doing great and so are you. You will need to stay in over night but you can go home tomorrow if everything is alright," the doctor explained.

"Okay, thank you," Megan smiled.

"Do you have a name for your baby?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah, we decided on Emma-May Hood," Megan explained.

"Emma for short," I added.

"That's so nice," the doctor replied.

It was pretty late now, so I would have to leave soon.

"Hello, beautiful," I smiled, holding my little girl for the first time.

"Your so small!" I giggled. She wriggled a bit in my arms.

"So I'm going to have to leave now, but I'll be back to pick you up as early as I can tomorrow. I'm going to hand you back to mummy now. Bye bye princess," I smiled, kissing her forehead and bringing her back to Megan.

"Remember the car seat Calum," Megan said.

"I will, I'll put it in before I come tomorrow," I smiled.

"Okay, bye. I love you," she smiled.

"Love you too. Have a nice night!" I replied, kissing her and then leaving the hospital.

I got in the car and drove straight to my mums.

"Calum!" She said, surprised as she opened the door.

"She did it, Mum. She's had a little girl!" I smiled.

"Oh my god, that's amazing! Do you have a picture?" She asked, as I entered her house.

"Yeah, one second," I replied.

I got out my phone and found the picture of Emma that I had taken.

"Here it is," I smiled, showing my mum.

"She's so beautiful and cute. I can't believe I'm a grandmother! Can I see her tomorrow?" She asked.

"Yeah, of course. I'll pick you up on the way to the hospital," I replied.