Chapter 37

Calum's pov

"Only a month until we go home guys! It's gone so fast!" Ashton announced.

"I've had such a good time though!" Michael replied.

"Yeah same! But I miss home," Luke answered.

"Me too! Only 4 weeks left. 12 more shows!" I added.

"Let's make the most of them!" Ashton smiled.

We were playing a show in about an hour. On stage is the only place that I can forget about everything. I can enjoy myself and just get lost in the songs and the buzz.

"Hey Megan, how are you?" I said, picking up my phone.

"I'm good thanks, how are you?" She replied.

"I'm alright, coming home soon," I smiled.

"I know, I can't wait to see you!" She said back.

"How's Emma?" I questioned.

"She's doing great. She's nearly 9 months old now. She's so big and heavy. You'll be surprised when you see her!" She explained.

"I can't wait to see you both. It won't be long now," I replied.

"I know, I hope it goes quick!" She replied.

"I have to go now babe. I'll speak to you later," I explained.

"Alright, I love you." She said.

"I love you too," I smiled and put the phone down.

I grabbed my bass and went to rehearse with the others.

"Finally Calum. We've been waiting for you for ages!" Ashton said as I came in.

"Sorry, I was on the phone!" I replied, going over to my mic.

"Well, let's get started!" Luke said, tuning his guitar.

We rehearsed the set and then had a little break.

"We need to go to soundcheck now, everyone's in," Michael said.

"Okay I'm coming," I replied.

I went to the stage and we performed one song. We sat on the front of the stage and answered some questions.

"Will you be sad when the tour ends?" A girl asked.

"Uh, yeah, it's always sad when a tour ends. We all love what we do and performing for you is another thing we enjoy," Luke explained.

"Yeah, but we all miss home when we are away for so long and it's nice to go back and have a break for a while," Ashton added.

"Yeah, I agree. Being away for so long can be tuff for us all and we get tired so we need a break sometimes," I explained.

Another person then stood up.

"How do you cope with being away for so long?" They asked.

"Uh, we really just distract ourselves. There will be some points where we all have down days but the tour actually goes so quickly once it begins so you actually don't really think about home," Michael explained.

"Yeah, I think when your performing most days and doing interviews on the other days, it goes quickly. Everyone in the band has days where they shall really be sad and want to go home but that's bound to happen," I added.

"Calum, is it harder for you this time as you are away from Emma?" Someone questioned.

"Yeah, a lot harder. I've missed 9 months of her growing up and it's all going to be so different when I go home. The last time I held her was when she was so small and she couldn't really do much but now, she's going to be so much bigger and she can move around herself, according to Megan. I'm so excited to see them and I just hope I haven't missed too much," I explained.