Chapter 17

Megan's pov

I slowly opened my eyes and they adjusted to light that was now entering them. Today was my birthday. I turned over and noticed that Calum was out of bed and was probably in the shower already. I sat up and was surprised by what I saw. On the floor lay a large pile of presents, all in pink wrapping paper with 'happy birthday' on them. The pile was so much bigger than I was expecting. There was a large ballon with the number 19 on it and then loads of other balloons shaped as hearts. There was two cards next to the presents and then happy birthday banners across the room. There were about 20 blown up balloons spread across the floor of the hotel room. There was a bunch of red flowers on the table next to the presents with a card inside. I looked to my left and noticed a big tray of food with breakfast on it and a sign which read:
'Eat up when you wake up x'

I picked up the tray and ate everything on their when Calum finally came out of the bathroom. I placed the tray on the floor and he came to where I was still laying in bed.

"You're awake! Happy birthday babe!" He smiled, jumping next to me on the bed. He wrapped his arms around my and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you! You didn't have to do all of this!" I giggled.

"Of course i did! I want to make it a special day!" He smiled.

"Well , I love it very much! Thank you," I giggled.

"Open the presents now!" He said, excitedly like a little kid.

"Okay okay, I will!" I laughed.

I got out of bed and sat in front of the large pile of presents.

"These aren't all from you are they?" I asked.

"All of them but two," he smiled. He then pulled out his camera and began to film.

"So the birthday girl is finally awake and look how happy she is!" Calum said, pointing the camera at me. I smiled and waved.

"Isn't she very lucky!" Calum added before turning off the camera and waiting for me to open the presents.

It took me a while to get through all of Calum's presents. Mostly because in between each one I'd thank Calum a lot. From him I received:
A new iPhone
A lot of clothes and shoes (which look so expensive)
Make up
VIP Festival tickets
A trip to the spa
A trip to the nail and hair salon
Some clothes for our baby
A big picture frame containing many pictures of Calum and I (including ones from yesterday)
Some bras and knickers (he buys me these every year as a joke)
Chocolates

"Thank you so fucking much Calum. I love you so so much," I smiled, giving him the biggest hug.

"It's fine babe, just give us a kiss," he smirked. I kissed his lips and then pulled away.

"Who are the other two presents from?" I questioned.

"It says on them," he smiled. I went back to where the two presents were and looked at the label on the wrapping paper.

They were from Calum's mum.

"What! Why?" I asked, surprised.

"Cause she loves you, now open them!" Calum laughed.

I received:
A beautiful black dress which came to about mid thigh.
A photo album with 'memories' on the front.

"She's so sweet!" I smiled.

"Now open the cards!" Calum laughed.

One was from him and the other was from his mum. I opened his mums first and it said:

'Megan,

Happy birthday! I hope your having a great time away with Calum and the others. I couldn't be happier that Calum has found someone like you! Your life hasn't gone quite the way you expected it to but that's just how it is. You and Calum are going to have the best adventures ever with your little girl and I'm so excited for the future. I got you two little gifts because you deserve a special day!

Lots of love
Joy x

P.S look what's on the back of the card :)'

I smiled and turned over the card to find a photograph. I untaped it from the card as held it in my hand. It was Calum and I a few weeks after we met. His hair was so long and he had a long fringe across his face. My hair was shorter than it was now and I looked a lot younger. In the photo Calum looking at me smiling as I was laughing to myself. I remember this day perfectly. It was the first day I met Calum's mum. We went out to a little fair and we were sat on the field together. Being the little weirdo I was, I began telling jokes that  were awful. I began to laugh to myself and Calum was smiling at weirdness. At this moment Calum's mum took a photo.

"Let's have a look," Calum said. I handed him the photograph and he looked at it.

"Oh my god! My hair! I remember this day so well. It was the first day that I realized that I actually liked you more than a friend! You were different and weird. I liked it!" He giggled.

"Aw, now look at us!" I laughed.

I then opened Calum's card and it said:

'Meg

Happy birthday! Hope you have a special day with me and the rest of the gang! I'm so excited to have a little baby with you. It's going to be so much fun. Thank you for these past few years of fun and laughter. You are my best friend. You are my partner in crime.

I love you

Cal xxx

P.S I have gotten you a puppy which is due in 5 months time :)'

"Are you joking?" I asked.

"Do you really think I would joke about puppies?" He replied.

"Oh my god! This is amazing!" I smiled, hugging him.

"I know!" He laughed.

This was going to be the greatest birthday ever and it had only just started!!