Ch 53. Push-up Bras

Start bij het begin

"Okay, Audree. You got my weakness now." I grinned at her.

"I sure do." I glanced at her catalog. "And that ain't going to help you."

"How do you know when you haven't tried?"

"It's in the genes, Amber. Nothing you can change unless you gain a lot of weight." She let her head fall down on the pillow, making her medium long blonde hair cover her face. Her blonde hair was so pretty, and she didn't look like a stupid blonde girl even though she had the lightest shade I'd seen. It looked natural.

"Everyone says that... Just when I get my hopes up." I looked at her with my eyes studying her all over. She was like a barbie to me. But not any barbie. You could tell that she worked hard for what she had. And she was tough. At first when she became my roommate, I thought that she acted a bit like a man, but now I realize that she's just that independent; that she doesn't even need one. My eyes fell on her chest. She was wearing a loose top which didn't reveal a thing. I took a step to her, without even asking for her permission, I lifted her shirt up so that it covered up her face. I didn't know how she was reaction to me, but according to the sound I heard she was pretty shocked.

"What are you doing?!" she yelled at me, grabbing my arm. I took a good look at her chest with her bra cupping them. She managed to yank me off before I could take another look, but one glance was enough. She did have breasts. Not the biggest. Not the smallest.

"Why are you complaining about your rack?" I chuckled.

"I'm not complaining!" she hissed, holding her chest with her arms cuddling around them. Like she was protecting them from me.

"Amber, that's a B. Nothing to be ashamed of."

"Well, if you compare it to your own..." she sighed, falling apart on the bed again like she had given up. I had never seen her so... Helpless. It felt weird. Because I had always seen her with confidence, like she could get anything whenever she wanted.

I looked at my chest. A normal C. I wasn't that big. Not that much bigger than Amber. "Let's get you a push-up bra. Those will ride up your confidence." If it even was possible. But looking at her so unsure of herself, I couldn't help but to do something.

She scowled at me, squinting her eyes slightly. "Push-up bra?" she asked me.

"Seriously?" I got a bit irritated. "You have to get a big rack naturally or what? Boobs won't become like that naturally, you have to use a push-up bra."

"No, I didn't mean it like that!" she waved me off, like it was a misunderstanding. "Uh... What's a push-up bra?" I gawked at her. My jaw was seriously hanging.

"You don't... know what a push-up bra is."

She shook her head. "Sounds funny... What's with the name anyway?" I let out all my laughter at once, probably making the whole house shake.

"You've got to be kidding me!!!" I yelled. Amber Kenson. Boob obsessed. And she didn't even know what a push-up bra was! She was flushing red, looking away so that I wouldn't be able to see how embarrassed she was. But I still could. 

After my laughing session, I kept grinning at her with an amused face which she was desperately trying to avoid. I grabbed her hand and led her out of the room. "Oh lord... We've got a lot to work on." I said, just like that time when Amber was going to teach me kickboxing. Only now, I was the one taking charge. For teaching her about bras. Weird. Guess that's my one talent. Or not.

¤¤¤

"Oh my god." she mumbled to herself. "I can't breathe." she complained. "This thing. It's like three sized smaller. Only that there aren't three sizes smaller than B."

"This is a so-called push-up bra." I laughed, and heard some snorting coming out from the outside. I chuckled, as I thought of how everyone in the shop could hear us loud and clear outside. It was like having a mom coming with her daughter that had to start wearing bras. Only that they had seen two 16 year old girls come in. Or? "How old are you, Amber?" I asked her.

"I'm 18." she told me, concentrating on breathing. She didn't have a look in the mirror yet. Another snort coming from outside. It was that funny.

"You're 18 and you wear sports bras everyday?" I scowled questioningly at her, lifting up her tight black sports bra with my finger, like it was full with germs.

She looked away, all ashamed over again. "I didn't know... I thought that was a normal bra."

"How can this be a normal bra?" I laughed. Even if I didn't have anyone to teach me about bras, I'd know what they were. It was hard not knowing what a bra was because... They are everywhere. At the stores, television, just everywhere.

"No wonder you think your chest looks small." I sighed. "It's a sports bra's job to flatten your chest, you know." She looked at me with intense eyes, like she was concentrating to her fullest point to learn in everything I taught her. I took a step to the side, revealing herself when she could finally look into the mirror without me blocking her way.

"Oh god." she said, like something terrible had happened. She got closer to her reflection, sopping when her hand touched it. "My rack is huge!!!" she yelled, like she was the happiest girl in the world. I hushed her as fast as I could, signing her with my finger touching my lip. She looked away ashamed once again, as we kept hearing laughs outside. But it wasn't as embarrassing anymore, when I finally couldn't hold my laughter in and let it out like a bomb. She was smiling broadly, but still refused to even let out a sound.

"Let's get these now." I grabbed the huge pile of bras she had been trying on. She got dressed as I pulled the draping open, meeting hundreds of eyes. They landed on us like we had stolen something, but I knew that it was Amber's feminism they were staring at. She shrunk down in her posture, looking at the floor. I had learned that Amber was no good with awkward situations and embarrassment.

¤¤¤

"Amber, mail." I had barely made it to the steps in the warm hallway before I heard those words.

"Did you order another catalog, Amber?" I elbowed her with a wink. She sighed, looking away. She took the mail all suspicious.

"Thanks, uh..." she dragged out on the words.

"It's Maya." the receptionist said. "You've lived here for a week now, and you don't know my name?" she sighed. I memorized her name, all happy that I wasn't the one getting the shame. I never really knew her name either. It was just funny how Amber was the one taking the blame and awkwardness. I was a bit mean. But it was still funny.

"This is not mine." Amber mumbled, looking at the letter. She looked at the name tag. "It's for you, Audree."

"Oh. I must have mixed up your mails, girls. Your names both starts with A so it's hard to tell." Maya tried to worm her way out.

"Seems like you don't know our names well either, do you?" I laughed, getting even with her. She looked away, pretending that she didn't hear even though it was clear that she did. I looked at the letter, seeing my full name on it.

"I hope it's something awkward for you." Amber said, being all sadistic. Well. I understood her. Since I was the one embarrassing her all day. 

"Ha-ha, never happening." I said, tearing up the letter. I looked at it, slowly reading it. So much text. But I only read the top titled text as it was bold, which caught my eye. "Congratulations, Ms. Melany. You have passed the audition." I dropped the letter immediately like it wasn't real.
"I PASSED!!!" I yelled on the top of my lungs.

__________________________________

Hello bros! Sorry for the loooongloooong break... Now this is the longest break I had ever had. 5 months. Kind of amazing how fast time flies away...

COMMOTE.