A Drunken Mistake - "a perfect end to a perfect date"

Start from the beginning

What did he just say! Did he really mean he thinks we’re going to end up like my mum and dad, completely in love, always happy with each other’s company?

I think I love this boy, and he says he loves me, but we’re young and inexperienced.

I mean yeah, we’ve both through things that have aged us way past our years, but not that far.

But could it be possible? Could it actually ever happen?

There’s only one way to find out now isn’t there.

“Hmm… you might be right there,” I whisper back.

The atmosphere in the car is full of emotion, thick and heavy like mud. But not uncomfortable, not awkward in the slightest.

We’ve been driving for half an hour now, emerging at the other side of town. 

“Seriously, where we going?”

“I’m not telling you, you’re going have to wait. God you’re not very patient now are you Miss Taylor?” he laughs.

“I’ve been told it’s not my strongest trait. I hate a surprise that’s all. I mean my mum used to keep where we were going on holiday ever year as a surprise. It used to kill me; I used to go sneaking round the house with the twins looking for clues like boarding passes or receipts. I never found anything though ever, my mum was good at keeping surprises.” I laugh at the memory.

Dylan laughs, “well, you haven’t changed much.”

He pulls up outside a tall apartment building, then turns to look at me.

“We’re here,” he smiles.

“And where exactly is that?”

“I promise, the secret will be kept only for a little while longer ok, but for the time being you need to put this on,” he smiles as he pulls a black blindfold from his pocket.

“Oh my god, you are trying to kidnap aren’t you.”

“Ha- ha you’re funny, it’s to keep the surprise you know just that, a surprise. So come here because you’re wearing this,” he laughs, pulls me towards him and wraps the thin material round my eyes putting me into complete darkness.

“So come on then Mr Thompson, lead the way.”

No reply, where’s he gone.

“Dylan, you still there?”

Suddenly, I feel a pair of perfectly shaped lips press against mine gently, setting my soul on fire. He then pulls away slowly and takes both my hands into his.

“Sorry about that, I saw my chance and I took it,” he laughs as he steadily pulls me forward.