Can't Heal the Wound Before We Bleed

Start from the beginning

"Princess is on her way." She said after reading the texts. "This is perfect. We can get her out of our lives once and for all."

I was now certain that Gwyn's mental state was dangerous.

"Gwyn you're right, I have been holding back. You don't have to hurt Penny; I belong with you. I see that now. Let's go and leave this place. Before she gets here" I was desperate to get her to leave before Penny got there.

"Oh, come on Brian, I'm not stupid."

"I'm telling you the truth. I didn't want her to find out like she did, but now that she is over her illness we can go away together. No one has to get hurt."

"I don't know; I don't think it will work unless she is gone." I could tell she was thinking about it.

"Don't you worry that you'll go to Prison for murder? We could both be implicated. If her best friend and her husband are in a relationship right after she was murdered? We'll never be able to be together."

"Oh, it's not going to be a murder. It's going to be suicide. Who better to help the grieving husband than her friend?" She chuckled.

"How do you plan to make it look like a suicide?"

"She's going to poison herself, see that glass over there? It's all ready and she's going to drink it as I hold this gun to her head."

"What if she still refuses?" I asked.

"Then I guess she'll shoot herself."

Just then we heard Penny come into the house.

"Brian! Where are you?"

"Penny! Go away! Leave the house now!" I yelled.

She came running into the bedroom and stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Gwyn standing there with a gun.

Penny's POV

The room had been destroyed, broken glass and shredded clothing were everywhere. I was so stunned and confused. I looked at Brian and I could tell he was afraid.

"That was a waste of breath! You know she never listens when you tell her not to do something." Gwyn said as she walked toward me.

"Brian?" I said.

"Shut up!" Gwyn snarled at me. "You don't get to speak to him anymore. He just told me that he wants to be with me, not you." Her eyes were crazed as she grabbed my arm pulling me into the room.

"He did?" I looked at Brian. "Is that true?"

"I said you don't get to speak to him!" She shouted.

Brian started to stand up. "Gwyn, let's just go. We can start our life together."

"Sit back down!" She pointed the gun at him while gripping my arm tighter. "Do you really think we can have a life if she's here!"

"She won't get in our way; she hates me now. Don't you Penny?"

"Yes" I said. Gwyn twisted my arm behind my back and it hurt like hell.

"Did I say you could speak? You aren't part of this conversation! Shut your fucking mouth!" Gwyn twisted my arm back even more. I could tell Brian was about to jump out of the chair and try to stop her. I knew she would probably shoot him if he did. I looked at him and shook my head just enough I knew he would see.

"You don't have to hurt her." Brian said.

"You're right, I forgot. Penny, I have a drink made for you."