thirty-nine.

"So how is [Name]? Is everything going smoothly?" Jimin asks Jungkook. The two of them have been secretly hanging out from time to time, and it would always be Jimin who would invite. Jungkook couldn't decline, since he knows they'll talk about inportant stuff.

"Miserable." Jungkook answers, drinking from his can of soda. He suddenly screeches from the taste. "What the hell?"

"Sorry, I accidentally dropped sand inside." Jimin is quick to apologize, but he doesn't seem too sincere.

"You're really a dick." Jungkook tells him with a glare. "Why'd you do that?"

"For fun." Jimin giggles out.

"You know I could die, right?"

"Exactly." the older male grins, showing off his eye smile.

The younger glares at him once more and throws his soda in a trash bin. "Asshole." he mumbles, which Jimin luckily didn't hear.

"Has... [Name] been eating?"

"I don't know. Go ask her." Jungkook responds sarcastically, earning a punch from the other. "Yah!"

"You're the dick." Jimin says, furrowing his brows.

"Any ways, she started eating more frequently. But she's still... well, feeling awful. It hurts to see her like that." Jungkook shifts back the subject. "Jimin, are you sure this is gonna work?"

"Like I said, I'm not. I'm taking risks." Jimin says stupidly.

"I still don't get why you could have thought of such thing as a plan. You seem really sadistic, and it's horrible." Jungkook comments in slight disgust, scrunching his face.

"What else could I do? Once she remembers everything, I'll get back to her. I swear."

"You make it sound like it's so simple, Park Jimin. Are you returning to the old, rude person you once were?"

"I'm not changing, okay? Like I said for the millionth time, I'm doing this for [Name]. For our relationship to get back on track."

"Will there even be a thing between you two once she remembers?" Jungkook asks shamelessly, causing Jimin to be taken aback.

"I... I don't- I haven't thought about that." Jimin mutters lowly.

Jungkook looks at him in disappointmemt. "You're seriously the most stupid person I've ever met in my life. More stupid than Tae, who has no clue that his girl friend is actually a lesbo."

"What the hell? Have you told him?"

"Of course I have. But he's a potato head, so he wouldn't believe. Sucks to be him." Jungkook says with a shrug. "But any ways, back to the real subject here- [Name]."

"I'll wait for the right time, Jungkook. I know she'll remember. At least I hope so. I believe in her capability." Jimin says, as if trying to prove facts. Even though all of those are just mere opinions. "You'll see."

Jungkook stares at him for a moment before speaking up again, "Should I take your word for it?"

"Yes."

Is this even possible?

- - - - - - -

A silent groan escapes your lips as you try to focus on your written report. You're assigned to be partners with none other than Jimin. He's gonna present it in class, while you write the details. Your topic is about the upcoming graduation day. As you write out each letter or word, you can't help but feel distracted due to Jimin's intense stare as if he's seeing right through your soul. "You forgot to put neun, [Name]." Jimin says, pin pointing your mistake.

Your name being called by him truly sounds soothing. It's a guilty pleasure. "I know." you say with an eye roll, correcting the word. "You should like start rehearsing or some shit." you choke out, despite finding it hard. 

"You're not even done, how am I suppose to-"

"Done." you state, placing the piece of paper in front of him. The whole page is filled with black markings from the pen that stained even the back. "I'm leaving." you say, standing up from your seat. You were about to walk out from the library, when he suddenly grabs a hold of your wrist. His touch sent electricity to run across your body. It felt damn right. You mentally curse to yourself for liking it so much. Aren't you supposed to move on?

Jimin didn't know why he did that, either. It was just an instinct of his. If he keeps being like this, his plan will never work out. "You.. forgot your pen." he stutters, giving you the object.

"Ani. It's yours now." you tell, shaking your head once. Afterwards, you regretfully remove his hand off and headed out. 

Jimin sighs to himself as he ruffles his own hair in frustration. "Why did I just do that?" he asks himself. Guess he can't do this any longer. But if he gives up, what else can he do?

***

writer's block is an ass.