twenty-two.

A recap from the past.

Jimin tugs the shirt under his school polo. He then adjusts the belt around his waist. Looking up, he scans himself from the mirror. His natural black streaks of hair goes well with his tannish (but pale) skin tone. His plump lips matches his pointy nose. He looks perfect.

But being this perfect was hard.

People always fawn over him because of his attractiveness. He didn't mind at first, but it got annoyinng day by day.

He walks in school and he could already sense everybody's stares at north, south, west, and east. He shakes his head and continues taking small steps until he runs into his friend.

"Good morning, hyung!" a brown-haired male smiles at him, his bunny teeth showing clearly.

At least there's one thing that makes his day bright. "Jungkook-ah, hey." he greets back and slings his arm around the other male's shoulder. Jungkook lets out a laugh and they walk together in class.

As they arrive, they inmediately sit at their hang out spot. "You know, hyung. I envy you so much." Jungkook says with a small pout. Jimin looks at him, blinking twice. "People like you so much and I feel left out to be your friend."

"Ya, what are you saying?" Jimin scolds him, smacking his head across in the process. "Who the hell cares if I'm famous or not? You're still my friend and no one's gonna change that." he tells him.

Jungkook sighs, his lips forming a smile. "That means a lot."

- - - - - - -

Jimin and Jungkook soon graduated from high school and took their first step in college. They didn't get to see each other that much since their schedule became hectic. Jimin was devastated and the same goes for Jungkook. However, the two still proceeded on their studies without each other's company.

Like in high school, Jimin remained popular and got in a clique with a bunch of guys who didn't give a shit in studying. Jimin was being influenced, but he tried his best to remain good. Unlike Jimin, his friends got into their own relationships, making him left out. He couldn't careless though. He's way too focused in studying. You can call him a nerd; a handsome nerd, that is.

"Okay, everyone. We shall do a pair report regarding in math. It's a kid's work, but since we're still in the first year, it's fine. Once you find your partner, please approach me so I could lend you the details."

Most of the people then begin to crowd Jimin, of course. Jimin felt claustrophobic, so he excused himself out. It's also a way for him saying "no" and completely rejecting them. He'd rather do the project individually, but the teacher would probably fail him since it's a "pair work".

His eyes roam around the room in attempt to at least find a decent person, to which he luckily does. Sort of. He approaches a girl whose head is down. She's sleeping, is what he concludes.

"Uh, excuse me." Jimin says and touches her arm, shaking her gently. She doesn't bulge though. "Please wake up." he tells her.

Finally, she jerks her head up. He meets a pair of orbs that may look tired, but is still beautiful. "Oh, aren't you Park Jimin? That guy who gets fawn by everybody? Why are you here?"

Jimin suddenly feels saddened. He can't believe that's her first impression of him. Shaking the thought off, he smiles at her. "Correct. But I'm planning on changing that. Before I do, I want you to give me a favor."

"And that is?"

"Be my partner and friend."

She was hesitant at first, but she shrugs. "Okay, fine. Just don't infect me with your drop-dead gorgeousness."

Jimin couldn't help but laugh at her comment. "Don't worry, sweetie."

***
time for some flash backs, fellas. these will clear the confusion hopefully.