twenty-six.

Jungkook was unfaithful and a bad friend. He became more infatuated with you as days and months pass by. He grew more attached and obsessed with you. Despite knowing you like Jimin (and Jimin loves you), he still wanted to give it a shot. He wanted to give the both of you a shot, to see if everything would work out.

"[Name], I like you." the raven-haired male confesses, his cheeks a bright shade of pink. He is nervous of course. "I always have."

You look at him in surprise. As far as you know, he only thought of you as his friend and vice versa. You never knew he actually had feelings for you. "What?"

"Please be my girl friend." the male continues, desperate for a yes. But his guts fail him as you shake your head in response to his question. "But why? Am I not good enough for you?"

"It's not that, but... you know I have someone else in mind, right?" you say, forcing a comforting smile, but you get a frown from him in return.

"What do you see in him?" Jungkook asks inmediately, anger clearly showing at the tone of his voice. "What does he have that I don't? What's so good about this Park Jimin?"

"I can't explain it either. There's just... something about him." you reply, eyes averting for once. "Something about him that makes me like him. A lot."

Jungkook suddenly feels alarmed. He thinks you're getting your memories back. But he doesn't believe it since Jimin did not make a single move on you. The thought actually saddens him. Jimin did nothing wrong to deserve this kind of treatment.

"Jungkook," you snap him back to reality as you place your hands on both of his shoulders. "I know we've been friends for... about 2 years and a half now, but I'm sorry. I only see you as a friend and I hope that doesn't change our relationship. I can't return your feelings back, but I can accept them." You then pull him in for a tight embrace. It's the least you could do for his now broken heart.

Jungkook heaves out a sad sigh, wrapping his delicate fingers around the locks of your hair as he returns the hug. He realized he did the right thing, and that is confronting his feelings. He might have gotten rejected, he knows he has to accept it. He realized that even though you forgot your memeories, there's still a big place in your heart that consists of only Jimin.

It's a pity since he really worked so hard to get you, even to the point wherein he told such a huge lie that affected your relationship with Jimin thoroughly. He has no chance with you now. Making you happy is his main priority at this moment.

Jungkook wants to set things right now. Your happiness is his happiness. He wants to help you with Jimin, but it's difficult since he will get envious and might do something horrible again.

.
.

Third year of college came and your memories were still far from being remembered.

Fourth year of college after wards.

Jungkook still tried to give a small shot at retrieving you back. He told you he saw Jimin making out with someone at the back of the school and you got upset. He felt guilty at that moment, but proceeded on with his scheme. He failed though when Jimin casually approached you one day.

Jungkook noticed Jimin has been acting cold and rude to you and he knows the exact reason why. No, it's not because you disturbed him in his sleep and all that ish, but because of the past. Jimin was frustrated since he could do nothing to get you back and that you were always by Jungkook's side.

When Jungkook told him 2 years ago that he asked you out, Jimin became definitely furious to the point wherein he wanted to kill the other male. But he did nothing but to just fight him verbally. He didn't want to look like an ass in front of the woman he has loved eversince.

Jimin was a smart guy fortunately, so he planned on something after Jungkook left to go to that trip with his dad. And that's the favor. For you to pretend to be his girl friend so he could make his 'ex' jealous. Jungkook had no idea about this until you told him. He didn't know why Jimin would do such a thing. He thought Jimin was just playing with you. Well, he has always been overprotective to you. But actually, Jimin just wanted to get you back.

He had waited long enough and tried to surpass the temptation of telling you the truth. You 'pretending' to be his girl friend could at least make things better for him. For him to feel your presence again. To see the way your eyes sparks when you look at him. He had tried being your tutor and all that ish. But the favor was the biggest thing he has ever done.

He didn't even realize that you were starting to feel uncomfortable around him. He thought you liked it, well you did but only slightly. You were oblivious about the whole thing. So that's the time wherein you started to investigate.

Jungkook came back home shortly. You wanted him to help you find out about this Somin girl, and that's how everything lead to how it is now. A big mess.

You're currently a mess yourself. Your mind is rumbled with thoughts and astonishment. You know everything now, back and front. Inside and outside. With the past and truth being unraveled to you, you somehow feel weightless and free.

You didn't even realize Jimin pacing toward you. He brings up his hand to caress your cheek stained with dry tears. How long he wanted to touch you like this. It has been like forever. He leans into your ear and speaks softly, "Somin... do you know what that even stands to? It stands for you and me. Song and Jimin."

You tear up whilst your heart ache. You suddenly wrap your arms around Jimin and hugged him. "Jimin..... I'm sorry."

He was the missing piece you've been looking for to complete your puzzle.

***
school is officially over for me. *bothsad&happy* this story is making me feel all sorts of emotions, too.