thirty-five.

You were cooking some ramyun in the kitchen, when you suddenly hear the doorbell ding. You wonder who would visit you this late at night, but shrugged and ignored it, thinking they will go away. Your phone vibrates then, making you hault. The screen blinked once.

1 new message

You completely stop what you're doing then. You turn off the stove and headed to the door. You open it and there stood the same guy you had in mind all along.

"Jimin." you croak out, sighing. To be honest, he looks really handsome in his casual clothes. Heck, he looks good all the time. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to apoligize. For the 100th time. You haven't answered my calls and replied to any of my texts." Jimin says pithyfully, his eyes looking desperate. "You barely notice me at school even and Jungkook approached me, asking if anything was wrong. What are you trying to do to me?"

You hate to see him like this. Shaking your head, you turn away. "Come inside." you say and he does what he's told. This moment has happened before and it feels like déja vu.

You sit on the couch and he sits right next to you. "I know I've said this already, but... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound so frank and shit. I messed up bad. I never meant to hurt you like that. I swear, [Name]."

There appears Jimin's soft side again. He always becomes like this when you two argue. He looks so submissive, compared to the over-confident guy he usually is. You suddenly feel bad for making him look and sound so pathetic.

You heave out a sigh, touching his small fingers. "I know you're sorry, Jimin, I totally understand. I already forgave you a long time ago."

"Then why have you been neglecting me?"

"I just feel nervous, okay? You don't get it."

"Nervous for what?"

"I'm nervous that I might not retrieve my memories back." you spill, holding the urge to cry st such time of the night. You don't want Jimin to see you like that either. "I mean... I remember nothing at all, Jimin. Zero. Is there even a single chance of reminiscing something? Is there even hope for the two of us?"

"Yah!" Jimin snaps angrily, making you startled. "Don't say such things, you idiot. You can do it. You will remember something from the past, I promise."

"Then why hasn't it happened yet?"

Jimin runs a hand through his dark hair in frustration. "It just takes time, okay? You know, why don't we visit a doctor? We're so stupid to not even think about that."

"I already did."

Jimin looks at you intently. "What? When?"

"A day ago."

"Why did you not tell me this?" he asks in slight anger.

"I was planning to. But I was waiting for the right moment. You know now, at least." you explain as briefly as possible, avoiding anymore details to be discussed. But being the caring boy friend Jimin is, that's unattainable.

"What did they say about you?" Jimin asks more calmly this time. He realizes you need his support.

You sigh, sadness written all over your face. "Jimin... I have retrograde amnesia."

Jimin's eyes widen and his jaw drops as if he has just seen a ghost. He gasps as loudly. "[Name]....... what's that?"

You glare at him. "Yah."

"I'm serious. What's that?"

You roll your eyes sheepishly. "According to the doctor, retrograde amnesia is a form of amnesia where someone is unable to recall events that occurred before the development of the amnesia, even though they may be able to encode and memorize new things that occur after the onset."

Jimin nods.

"That's not the real problem here."

"What is?"

"The nearest events that had happened before the incident that caused the amensia may never be recovered."

"That doesn't make any sense at all. Nearest events... I was with you before Jungkook even came. He gave you more recent experiences than I did. So how the hell do you remember him but not me?"

You shrug unhappily, frowning. "I don't have an idea, Jimin. I'm confused as well. I tried explaining that to the doctor, but he said it was most likely because Jungkook was the one who stayed by my side at all times and-"

"Blah, blah, blah! I'm done. Is there any cure for your amnesia?" Jimin interrupts you midway since he already felt the jealousy eating him up.

"While there is no actual cure for retrograde amnesia, the doctor said that “jogging” the victim’s memory by exposing them to important articles from their past will often speed the rate of recall." you explain. "Jimin.... what's the most crucial thing that had happened in our relationship?" you ask, looking straight into his dark orbs for any answers.

Jimin lets his mind process for a moment, before he finally realizes the answer to everything. He looks back at you and smiles. "[Name]."

"Jimin?"

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I'm breaking up with you."

You stare at him in horror, tears slowly welling up your eyes. What? You didn't understand. "Is this some kind of sick joke, Park Jimin? What do you think are you saying?"

He covers his face and falls down in your lap. Little did you know, he's actually crying right now. You can hear his quiet sobs that gradually become louder by a second. As a result, tears fully fall down from your eyes to your cheeks.

"Mianhe, jagiya." he says faintly, still sobbing.

You bring him up and removed his hands off that was covering his now red face. "You're not making any sense right now. Tell me the reason why you want to break up."

"I.. don't really know if this will work, but I'm going to risk it. I'm going to risk everything just so you can get your memories back. Mark my words."

Jimin weakly stands up from the couch and tried to dry his tears, but there's no use. You hold his arm. "Please don't go.... You're making me so confused, Jimin....." you cry out in desperation. You look so pitiful right now and so does he.

"You'll understand." Jimin smiles sadly at you. He kneels down and cups your flushing cheeks in his hands. "This is all for the best."

"Jimin, please. Don't leave me."

He kisses your lips with such pressure and pulled back. "I love you."

With that, Jimin completely dumps you and walks out of your apartment, leaving you hanging. You never thought the person you loved... the person whom you trusted with your whole life.. would give up on you in the end.

You gather up all your courage to stand up and accept reality as how it is, and headed to your bedroom. You plop to your bed and cried all night.

What did I do so wrongly to experience this kind of pain?

***
BACK TO CONFUSING THE JAMS OUT OF YOU PEOPLE.
leave a comment please. it motivates me to write more and better. ㅠㅠ