twenty-five.

You feel your eyes water from Jimin's words. He was telling you the whole thing which saddened you a lot. You cover your mouth in mortification and disbelief. You had no idea. You had no fucking idea. Gathering up all the courage you still have left, you ask the orange-head male standing in front of you, "D-Did Jungkook tell you all of this?"

Jimin nods sadly. "He confessed to me everything before."

Finally, the tears you've been keeping falls right down like a waterfall. You can't believe Jungkook, your only best friend, hid such a dark secret from you. A secret that contained everything from the past. Even though you're a broken mess right now, you still wanted Jimin to continue.

"What the flying fuck, Jungkook?!" Jimin yells angrily at his friend who he hasn't seen in such a long time. He only came back yesterday when Jungkook told him the news about the accident and you getting an amnesia as a result. "How come you just told me all of this now?!"

"Hyung, I can explain!" Jungkook pleads.

"Explain what? You expect me to listen?!" Jimin continues on yelling, his face red and sweaty from furious.

"Just hear me out, will you?! I didn't mean it to happen. I was just.. I wasn't thinking, hyung. I didn't want you to worry." Jungkook reasons out, desperate for the older's forgiveness. "That's why... that's I took her with me."

"What the hell do you mean by that, you little shit?"

Jungkook sighs. "I made her think you were just some guy from class. I told her that you weren't her boyfriend. I'm.. I'm sorry, hyung."

Jimin was speechless at his words, his crimson eyes now wide open as the full moon. "You what?"

"Think about it!" Jungkool tries to explain, "If I told her you were her boy friend, don't you think she'd freak out? She already got into an accident, and you expect her to remember pressuring stuff?"

"I-"

"Don't even get me started with your whole "I could help her retrieve them back", because that never happens." he cuts the male off. "Hyung.. I just want you to compromise with me right now. For the sake of the woman we love. For the sake of [Name]. Please understand." he pleads sincerely, which made Jimin furrow his eye brows in conflict. "I love her too much, Jimin. It would hurt me if she finds out about the truth too soon. I want her to take some time off from stress. Please."

"Jungkook... I don't know what to say."

"You love her, don't you?"

The question takes Jimin aback, but he responds almost immediately, "I do."

"Then you should let her go."

"What?"

"Let [Name] go, Jimin. You're gonna hurt her if you don't."

Jimin was crying deep inside and he felt broken. Lost. Confused. Trapped. He felt guilty he wasn't there when all of it happened. He wasn't able to take care of you and let his friend, Jungkook, do it instead. Jimin clutches his t-shirt and looks down shamefully. "Jungkook, I can't let her go."

"Why not?"

"Because I love her." Jimin says softly, eyes closing.

"Jimin, I told you-"

"Then why should it be you, huh? Why does it have to be you who has to be by her side?" Jimin asks angrily. Jungkook is not making any sense right now.

"Because I'm the only one she remembers." Jungkook responds coolly, eyes narrowing at the male before him. "She's leaning on me for her to retrieve her memories back." Jimin could not say anything. "Trust me, Jimin. I promise to take good care of her."

The older boy could not protest any longer. Jungkook made a point. Even if it kills him deep inside, if it's for your sake, he would do anything. Jimin sighs in defeat. "Okay." is the only thing he says. For now, he has to depend on Jungkook. His closest friend. We'll be together again sometime, [Name].

Second year of college came.

As promised by Jungkook, he took great care of you. He 'tried' help you retrieve your memories back, but it was no use. Jimin changed, on the other hand. He dyed his hair orange and his figure became more built than it already is. He got a more prominent jawline and well, let's just say he became more god-like. Not only did he change physically, but his personality also changed. He became rather cold and stern. But he remained his coolness and intelligence.

"You like Jimin?" Jungkook asks in surprise. You told him about it just now while it's recess.

You rest your head on the desk and sighed dreamily. "He's so handsome, Kookie. His face is just so... ajdhjdife." you fangirled, covering your now red face. "No wonder girls go crazy about him." 

"I-I mean, yeah. But I'm more handsome." Jungkook says, frowning in jealousy.

"Dream on, fetus face. Jimin is the bomb." you say, rolling your eyes. "Ah, anyone's gonna be so lucky to have him as their boyfriend." you say, sulking at the thought of you not having a chance.

Jungkook looks at you sadly. Yeah.

***

whoops.