thirty-six

Even with such a heart-breaking night, you went through the pain. Besides, you got exhausted with all the crying. It's been a while since you last cried, so it kinda feels new. You also decided to grant Jimin's wish. He wanted to break up? He's getting it.

You hastily grab your bag pack and stepped out of your apartment to head to school. You had to apply some concealer underneath your eyes, the areas around your nose, etc. so it wouldn't be noticeable that you had cried all night.

You sneeze on your hankerchief and walked faster. You're running late already, since you slept in the morning. Again, because of being depressed.

As you finally arrive school and to your classroom, you open the door and stares cast their way to you, including the first subject teacher. "Did you get an entry slip, Ms. Song?" he asks, raising an eye brow.

You show it to him and placed it on his table without saying anything, before sitting on your chair and settling yourself. At the back of your head, you could feel the intense stares everyone is giving you. If before, they could care less about you, now they do. Whether in a good or bad way.

.
.

When lunch comes, you do not hesitate to get out of your seat and head to the girls' washroom, since you were tearing up as classes were going and you feel like your mask is fading. You quickly pull out the concealer that was in your pocket and begun applying it like at home. You don't even care if it's too thick right now. You can't let anyone see you looking like a mess. Especially not-

"[Name]?" a familiar voice echoes inside the washroom, making your head turn to the door. Jungkook is standing right outside, worry written all over his face. "Are you... okay?"

You return back the concealer and faked a smile. "Yes, of course." you say, your voice trying not to break so hard. Jungkook suddenly steps inside the washroom, making your eyes grow wide. "Yah, yah! What are you doing?"

"What's the matter, [Name]?" he asks concernly, not minding that he technically trespassed.

Everything.

"Nothing is wrong, Kookie. Don't worry." you insist, smiling brighter. "Now you should probably get out now before someone sees-"

He cuts your sentence midway by pulling you into a hug. You stay frozen on the spot. "It's okay. I won't leave you like he did. Never in a million years." he whispers softly.

You sniffle a little and the next thing you know, you cry as quietly as you can. But your voice becomes louder as each second passes by. Luckily, Jungkook here to comfort you.

He's truly a great friend. He easily figured the truth by just looking at you and observing your choice of words. Anyone would be lucky to have him as their boy friend. Why can't you fall in love with someone like Jungkook? Why are you so attached to someone like Jimin instead? You don't know. Maybe it was a good thing you got amnesia. Maybe it apparently was.

Meanwhile, a certain someone was eavesdropping the whole time from the guy's washroom. He clenches his fists, heart breaking.

.
.

"I'll walk you home." Jungkook says to you once he spotted you at the gates after school.

"Sure. It's been forever since we last walked together, any ways." you try to joke around, even though it was the truth.

You're like back to where everything started. Jimin breaking your heart when you "first" got dissed by him at his secret place because you woke him up two times.

Then Jungkook would be there to make things better. It's always him who saves the day, and you're grateful for such kindness of his.

"So..." Jungkook speaks to spark a conversation. ".. are you really okay with me walking you like this?"

"Why not?"

"I mean, well, you know..."

"Jungkook, Jimin and I are done. He broke up with me for some reason yesterday." you cut him off sternly, making the two of you hault. "I have no clue why he did, but I don't even care anymore. He gave up on me. He gave up on us." you say bitterly, reality slapping you like a bitch.

"Why... would he do such a thing? Doesn't he love you?"

You scoffed. "He used to. I guess his love died down when he thought I would not be able to cure my amnesia. Well, it's not my fault I'm at this state!"

"Calm down, [Name]."

"How can I calm down? I don't understand, Jungkook! Did I do something wrong to deserve this kind of treatment from Jimin? From life? Tell me." you express all you feelings out, even though they're all messed up now. "I'm just... I'm done, Jungkook. I'm done with this shit. To be cured or not, I don't care anymore. I'm gonna live my life like how I want it to be. Not for someone else's entertainment."

With that, you begin to walk (stomp) again. Jungkook watches you and frowns. Although he has kinda moved on from you now, he believes he should help out again.

He believes you and Jimin are meant for each other, and you're each other's happiness. If one would give up, so will the other, and he cannot let let that happen. Not to his best friend for years.

You've had your heart broken a million times, adding another one will make you feel dead already, he thinks. As hard as it may sound, he's gonna do all it takes to bring you and Jimin back together. He will not waste another day since the break up.

It's all like déjavu with a few modifications.

***
I'm literally spinning things over & over again, but you'll see why.