thirteen.

"Are you not gonna answer that?" Jungkook asks once he noticed you were just staring at the blinking screen.

"Should I?" you ask back, glancing at him with nervousness.

"If you're not, then I'll do it." He grabs your phone without hesitance and answers it. "Hello? This is not [Name], this is Jungkook from class..... Yes, I came back. I'm at [Name]'s flat right now. She left her phone..... Okay, I'll tell her. Bye." Jungkook hangs up and gives your phone back. "He told me to inform you that he'll be tutoring you on drama tomorrow after school."

You just nod. "If I tell you this, would you believe me?"

He looks at you intently. "Tell me what?"

You sigh, rubbing your neck. You're not even sure yourself if you want to tell Kookie about it, but he's your best friend, you're sure he'll understand. "Jimin asked me a favor. He wanted me to be his fake girl friend, so that he can make his ex jealous and bring her back again."

Jungkook didn't speak for a second, which caused your heart to beat fast. Will he yell at you? Will he call you rude things? Either way, you're prepared for what he has to say. "What the hell did you just get into, [Name]?" he asks, as calmly as possible. He's holding in his anger right now.

"I know, I know, but I wanted to help him." you try to reason out, even though that won't do anything significant. 

"Help him what? Help you get hurt?" he says in a matter of fact tone of voice. "You like- no, you love him, right? So why are you risking yourself for something like this? If he gets his ex back, what will happen to you now? He will just leave you in a corner like nothing happened, is what will happen."

Jungkook's words really hit you. All of them are true. Jimin will act like nothing happened. That's the kind of guy he is. But you don't care. He drugged your mind and heart. "If I can't be his real girl friend, then that's okay. As long as he's happy, I'm happy." you say frankly. 

The male in front of you sighs. You're so pitiful, [Name], he thinks. Although Jungkook doesn't support your choice 100%, he will still remain by your side. Because that's how much he loves you.

- - - - - - -

Jungkook and you go to school together. It's what you both usually do, any ways. Even though you two argued yesterday, you're cool now. You two walk in class and Jimin is already there. He stares at you, frowning. But he insists to smile because he doesn't want you to see him like that. "Babe! Good morning." he greets and walks over, holding your hand and dragging you to his place.

Some of your classmates welcome Jungkook back, making you smile internally that people were missing him. 

"Hey, [Name]." Jimin says, shaking you a little to get your attention since you were looking in Jungkook's way. 

You return your gaze at the orange head. "Hm?"

"After school, let's go on a date since I heard that my ex is going, too." he says with his signature smile which you cannot help but feel tingly from.

"Really? But I thought you were going to tutor me on drama today? I mean, Jungkook told me that you will." you reply, scratching your head.

"I only told him that so he wouldn't go in our way. I want everything to be perfect. Did you tell him we're only acting?" 

You pause for a moment. Acting. That word makes your heart tremble. "No, of course not. I'll keep this as our little secret." you respond, forcing a smile. But you want to sob right now. 

"Good." he says and gives you a peck on the forehead. You close your eyes as he does, heaving a small sigh. 

"Ya, ya, ya! Get a room, you two!" Jimin's friend exclaims from disgust. As far as he knows, Jimin told him you guys are together.

The whole class becomes rowdy from the simple action Jimin has taken. This gets Jungkook's attention, of course. Oh, how much he wants to hug you right now. It hurts him seeing you act like this. Watching his best friend (and love?) pretend for some guy who doesn't even like her makes his heart ache. But knowing he can't do anything about what you're going through pains him even more.

***

My fam. and I are going out today. yehet so fun. (note the sarcasm)