one.

I tap nervously on my table, as I wait for dismissal time to come already. Jungkook is tapping his, too. I guess we're thinking of the same thing at the moment, and that is to prove whether or not Jimin has a girlfriend. I'm sure he doesn't. Anyone is way out of his league. He's an angel from above and we're mere humans waiting for some miracle to happen to us. The school bell finally rings, signaling that classes are over. We bid our last subject professor good bye before heading out of the classroom.

I attempted to escape from the bet, but Jungkook immediately caught me. "Where are you going? We still have to prove that I'm right." he says with a slight smile.

I remove his hands off me. "I'm thinking of calling it off."

"What? Why?"

"I just... I just want to, okay? Let's just go."

"Are you afraid of losing and having to buy me Timberlands?" he suddenly asks, that same stupid smile still on his young face.

"It's more than that, Kookie. You don't understand." I say with a sigh, turning my back on him as I walk away. I leave school alone, when usually, I have my best friend beside me as company. But what choice do I have? He'll force me to see a sight I won't ever be able to remove from my mind. Yes, I do believe Jimin has a girl friend. I saw this coming from the start, anyway. I contact my parents to come pick me up because they said they were going to, but they won't answer.

"What is a pretty lady like you doing here alone?" a familiar voice suddenly speaks up. I look at the direction of it, and come face to face with him. The angel. I feel my throat get dry, as my finger tips begin to slightly tremble. "Did you see a ghost? Wait, you're from my class, right? [Name]?"

He knows my name.

"Why aren't you speaking up? Are you mute?" he says, poking my cheek, making it flare.

"I-I-I-"

"Speak up, ya." he tells me, brows furrowed. "I can't understand you."

"I'm..." I finally gather up the courage to speak, even though in reality, I don't even know if he can hear me. ".. waiting for my parents."

Jimin bursts into a fit of laughter as I look at him in questionably. Did I say something funny? Somehow, I feel delighted that he's laughing. "You're such a kid. I'll walk you home, come on."

I choke on my own saliva. "P-Pardon?" I ask, even though I already heard what he said.

"I'll walk you home." he repeats. He grabs my wrist and begins to walk, as I follow him. What's happening? Is this for real? I can feel my heartbeat getting louder every step that I take. Here, beside me, is Park Jimin. The most popular guy in our school. People would ask why I'm walking with a guy like him.

I clear my throat so that I could speak, "If you don't mind me asking... don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, I do. Like ages ago."

"What?"

We stop our tracks, as I look at him in complete nervousness. "My girl friend and I broke up because she found out I don't feel the same way about her."

My eyes widen at his statement. "You don't? How... why did you get with her in the first place?"

"It's a long story. Girls don't really interest me anymore." he says as we continue walking. I direct him the direction to my apartment without hesitance.

I bite on my lip, as things begin to run in my mind. 'If he doesn't like girls, then does that mean...' I gasp out-loud, causing him to look at me weirdly. "Does that mean you're gay?"

His eyebrow raises and we come to a hault again. "What the fuck? What gave you that idea?"

"W-Well, you said you don't like girls and..." I trail off in my words, as he rolls his eyes.

"You're such a dumbass. It means I'm not seeing anyone. I don't wanna think about love or all that shit at the moment. Come on, let's just go before I get mad at you."

And there goes my chance with him.

- - - - - - -

"Pay up." I say with a smirk on my face, reaching out my hand to the raven-haired boy.

"Hold up. Our bet isn't done yet, we still haven't proven-"

"I've already proven that he doesn't have a girlfriend. He used to, but now he doesn't. Now pay up so I could buy myself some sweet Timberlands."

"That's not fair, [Name]. I should know, too. Plus, what about the scene I saw yesterday at the back of the school?"

"Well too bad you weren't there when he walked me home."

As if he's seen a ghost, his mouth hangs open and his eyes grow wide. "He what?!"

"He walked me home." I repeat, as my aura completely changes. "I couldn't believe it myself, to be honest."

"You have got to be kidding me."

"It's true! He offered it himself. He even grabbed my wrist like he was about to kiss me."

"Why the fuck you lyin'?~"

"Really, Kookie?" I say with a dumb-founded look. "You know what, we'll go ask him ourselves. You better prepare your money to buy me those shoes."

"In your dreams."

***
Hello. ㄱ ㄱ