Chapter Twenty-Eight: Nico di Angelo and his Human

A.K.A. Nico di Angelo and the Third Time he Almost Killed a Pyromancer {because Wattpad's stupid character length thing is still a thing}

The rain seemed to fall in slow motion, blood was falling over Nico's hands. He felt suddenly light headed, the sword falling from his hands and vanishing into nothingness. Arlo's corpse falls to the ground as dead weight (no pun intended), he stumbles away, shivering. The pain is starting to seep back into him, like liquid gold searing through him from the inside-out.

Something warm envelops him, he falls into it and wishes he could let go. A croaks leaves his lips, he grips at the thing holding him and calls out to Percy. There's murmuring above him, it sounds far away and foggy. Nico groans, the murmuring starts to become more clear and he begins to understand the words be yelled at him.

"Nico! Nico you're gunna be okay, please be okay!" It's Percy, he's holding Nico tightly in his arms. Nico meets those bright green eyes brimming with tears, he smiles ever so slightly. Even if it won't last, he's back in Percy's arms, a place where he felt he truly belonged. He wanted to tell Percy how much he loved him but the words wouldn't come out, he felt so tiny, so weak.

Percy pulls his cell phone out, Nico moans in an attempt to stop him from calling his family, how embarrassing, but it's no avail because Percy's dialling someone, "Thalia? Nico's hurt, he's badly hurt pl-"

A whirl of blue light appears before Nico, he whines loudly and tries to shield his eyes but his arms are like play-dough and refuse to move. Bianca, Thalia, Hazel and Leo's fuzzy figures appear suddenly before them, Leo bursts out laughing the second he sees the pair, giggling about the irony.

"Shut up, Leo!" Bianca snaps, he crouches beside Nico and places a hand against his forehead. She closes her eyes, and when they open again they're glowing a brilliant blue, her hands sparking in a deep blue.

"Jeez Annie, are you okay?" Thalia asks from somewhere high above, Nico snorts a little but it sends a sharp stab of pain down his chest and he gasps loudly, gritting his teeth against the pain and trying to ignore Leo's howling laughter.

"He's going to be fine, Percy, Bianca is the best healer of the century." Hazel soothes, she pulls Percy away and pets his head like a worried mother. Nico reaches out desperately to him but Bianca smacks him in the head with her tail.

"Stay still." Nico grunts, he stares up at the sky, and realises that it's not raining anymore. He squints slightly and realises that a thin blue bubble encases them all, keeping out the rain and likely rendering them invisible to the humans around them. As Nico lies there he realises that the pain is slowly fading away, the blood drying up and being pulled back inside him, the skin stitching itself shut.

Less than two minutes later, the pain is all but gone and all that remains are some faded white scars as if the event happened years ago rather than just a few minutes. Bianca pulls him into a tight hug and whispers in his ear, "don't do that again little Soldatino."

"I won't." He promises and kisses her forehead. He stands on shaky legs, Hazel moves away from Percy who avoids Nico's eyes.

Nico opens his mouth but it cut off by Leo's laughter, he whirls to stare at the pyromancer who's starting snorting fire he's laughing so hard. Nico narrows his eyes, which only causes Leo to laugh harder. Nico didn't really understand what exactly he was laughing at but whatever it was, it was likely stupid and that bothered him greatly.

"Leo." Nico pauses, he raises a glowing hand, "shut up." A plume of purple smoke surges forward, catching Leo fall force. Leo squeals as he explodes into a great column of flame and vanishes. Nico nods, happy with himself while Thalia chuckles and toes the scorch marks on the concrete.

"What did you do?" Hazel asks quietly, Nico grins at her.

"Nothing." He winks, wiggling his fingers as they crackle and spark with purple magic, Hazel shakes her head and shifts away from Percy to Bianca's side.

"We'll give you two a moment." Bianca says, she takes Thalia and Hazel's hands and the three vanish in a flash of blue. Though, upon their leaving, so does the protective bubble, and the rain starts falling in full force upon them again.

"Oh gods." Nico cries, ruffling his wings and shaking his hair. Percy laughs and covers his mouth, Nico freezes and stares at him. Percy looks back, those bright green eyes twinkling in the dark and the rain.

And before Nico knew what he was doing, he was rushing forward, pulling Percy into his arms and kissing him with every ounce of love and passion inside him.

Hey lovelies!

I have exciting news! Ish? Maybe? Anyway! At around 3 am last night, I came up with an idea for a sequel for this book, but whether or not I write this will be determine the ending! So please, please, please tell me if you want a sequel and if you would read it! I'll start writing the final chapter when I start to see a majority vote!

Remember about the character ask, all the answers will be at the end of the final chapter.

Lots of love Percy xx