Chapter Eighteen: Nico di Angelo and the Nemo Fish

Percy was an incredibly messy child, it made Nico snort with laughter every time he encountered an example, as to which Percy would blush madly. He's admiring the filthy book case from across the room, all dead books, maybe one day he should enchant them to clean themselves up but then again, he could just do it. But that would require effort and movement and honestly, Nico was currently so content and happy that he couldn't bare the thought.

He lay on Percy's bed, both hands behind his head with Percy laying almost on top of him with his head on Nico's chest, their legs tangled together. Nico listens to Percy's steadily beating heart, the feather necklace resting on his chest gently, it'd been covered in blood but he'd mostly cleaned it off but it had left a red tingle along the edges.

"Do you ride a broomstick?" Percy asks quietly, mirth hidden in his words. Nico sighs at yet another question.

"No," he grumbles making Percy giggle, "but I do have a cat, his name is Small Bob and he's a skeleton cat."

"As one does." Percy splutters, Nico chuckles and shrugs, as far as his life goes, Small Bob is probably one of the least strange aspects of it.

They lie together in silence, happy in each other's company. Until Nico suddenly remembers what he'd been sent by Bianca to do, "my family wants to meet you." Percy looks up at him for a second or two before resting his head comfortably again.

"Okay, I'd be happy to meet them." He replies.

"I was afraid you would say that." Nico groans, Percy raises an eyebrow in question, "my family isn't normal, and when I say family I mean the entire extended family. You've already met Rachel and Alice."

"Alice is odd."

"Alice is odd." Nico agrees, just last night she'd ended up on ceiling, muttering about how she wanted to be like 'Tanith Low'? Whoever that was. But at least now Opheliam had started visiting with her more and she listened to Opheliam no matter what, which was helpful in a way but then again he loved her so much that she got away with a lot of stupid shit.

"Please don't let them scare you off." Nico says, moving one arms around Percy the other hand threads through his, "I'm far too in love with you for that to happen."

Percy blushes deeply and gives Nico a crooked smile, "I love you too, you great sap."

"Percy!" Silena calls from downstairs, "lunch!"

Percy launches himself up at the sound of food, he turns and pulls Nico to his feet. Percy takes Nico's hand in his and pulls the taller witch downstairs, the three adults are nowhere to be seen, leaving the five still-at-home-Jackson children (plus Nico) to fend for themselves.

"Of course Nico's here," Piper laughs from the bottom of the stairs, she turns and yells in the general direction of the kitchen, "do we have enough to feed Nico?"

"Yes!" Silena yells back, Piper beams at the two males then prances off to the dining room.

"I didn't see Nico get here." Reyna says, arching an eyebrow, she'd been watching Finding Nemo with Tyson (the popcorn in her hair for evidence), "did you use the door." As a matter of fact, Nico hadn't used the door, he's just teleported into Percy's room. But to Reyna he quickly mutters, "Yeah of course, you must have been wrapped up in the tales of the Nemo."

Tyson giggles at him while Percy snorts into his hand, Nico scowls. He didn't understand movies very well, they usually kept to books because trying to keep up with the evolving centuries was something they'd long since given up on. He was over three hundred years old, these humans ought to give him a break, why should he be all knowledgeable about a bloody lost clown fish? And he didn't understand why they could talk when no one performed any animal-speaking spell!

"Food, now, leave Nico alone." Reyna commands, giving her older brother a smack over the back of the head. The Jackson five, (as Nico once referred to them as, earning himself an angry glare from Piper) plus Nico sit down at the table for some homemade pizza which was very good though some phoenix ashes would have added that extra touch.

Though throughout the entire meal, Tyson was telling him about the Nemo fish and his father, along with some mentally psychopathic sounding fish called Dory. He thought for a brief moment that Dory and Alice would get one quite well.

Though when he tells Tyson this, Percy almost falls from his chair from laughing while the rest of the table laugh to, Nico's very lost by this stage.

"I don't understand, why can Alice not meet this Dory? She likes fish." Nico tells them, Percy laughs again making Nico glare at him, "Perseus?"

"Right sorry um, help?" Percy splutters through his laughter and repressed giggles.

"Oh Nico, sometime you act like you're over hundred years old." Silena giggles, "Dory is a fictional character." Nico blushes a little and looks down, he mumbles something under his breath that Silena has him repeat.

"She was an odd looking fish, fish don't normally make facial expressions."

That time, Percy did fall off his chair.

Hey Small Bons!

Sorry that was a bit short, I just wanted a filler until Percy meets the gang, next chapter. I hope you liked Nico not understand 21st century stuff, I don't think he's mentioned movies before but please tell him if it's inaccurate to what I've already said. But holy crap it was fun to write!

I'm sorry for not updating, I've been madly reading the Skulduggery Pleasant books, hence the reference (if you spotted it)

I hope you enjoyed! Please vote and comment!

Love Percy xx